·
Registered
1,378 Posts
nah...cheater-juice kills it for me. :thumbdow:

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
julianfang said:
I could care less, juiced or not, it's still an amazing feat. It was a nice shot into the water.
No...amazing was Babe Ruth hitting more home runs in one season than any other team in the league.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
julianfang said:
lol - Ty, "innocent until proven guilty" or does that not apply to baseball players? :wink:
No absolutely, I agree. We'll have to wait and see what the test results say. I'm just saying... if he was juiced, his record is NOT a record IMHO.

That Bionic Man argument is ludicrous. There are hundreds of MLB players who can see and hit the ball...but can't knock it out of the park. Juice makes ALL the difference in that regard.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Tyrannosaurus said:
Juice makes ALL the difference in that regard.
I disagree. Players hit home runs before anybody started messing with steroids, and will continue to do so after steroids are (theoretically) removed from the game. Hitting a baseball takes a fair amount of skill, for which there is no magic pill or potion.

We will almost certainly never know the whole truth about who used and who didn't, mostly because we can't go back many years and do urine testing.

It apparently has escaped the steroid jihad squad that there are many LEGAL means of bulking up, and top-level professional athletes have access to these methods.

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
MLB is so lax on testing it is incredible. Why do you think so many fail when they try to go the international/Olympic route.

Yes hand eye coordination is a big thing, but the power, speed, and size that steroids or other physically inhancing drugs cause makes it a unlevel playing field. This is for all sports not just Baseball. If you are doing these type of drugs, you should not be allowed to hold records.

Take Babe, the only drug he used was alcohol. And that makes it harder to hit. Now, imagine if he was sober. :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
JakeFrep said:
Tyrannosaurus said:
Juice makes ALL the difference in that regard.
I disagree. Players hit home runs before anybody started messing with steroids, and will continue to do so after steroids are (theoretically) removed from the game. Hitting a baseball takes a fair amount of skill, for which there is no magic pill or potion.
So you're suggesting steroid doesn't give a player more power? :crazy:

Query...why the hell would ANY professional athlete use them if they weren't performance enhancing?????

I could hit a baseball squarely with a half swing and it's a harmless pop-up to center field, whereas if I hit the same exact ball in the same exact spot on the ball with a full, steroid-juiced swing, that harmless flyball out could magically transform into a GRAND SLAM! It's pure physics...if you want to argue with that...then there's no earthly logic that's going to change your mind. :roll:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts