Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Bolts missing

Tags
bolts missing
1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  hu vw 
#1 ·
I took my car into the dealership the other day. They told me several of the screws were missing that hold the bottom engine cover(shield) in tightly. I looked and there were a few missing. They basically implied I need to get the cover and all to replace them, I said no thanks, I know some people who might could help me....

so anyone have any idea where I could find some right threaded screws that might work. Or a VW part number for the OEM screws only.

I have a 2000 GLX V6

#8 ·
IDriveB5 said:
:mad: they have every part except the 10mm nut that i am missing on mine. anyone have a p/n or a different source? id like to get a nylon, but i have no idea what the diameter of the screw or the thread patern is.
Look up VolksWerks in Falls Church, VA. They might have what you need.

#10 ·
woah woah woah, the dealer I used to at with sold the EZ screws indivdually. That dealer is just trying to bend you over the counter and get more money out of you because replacing the whole thing will get them lots more + labor fees than a few bucks on hardware would... Like listed above, ECS sells the parts. I have also noticed at my local Loews home improvement store, that they have the same type of hardware for the belly pan in the hardware section...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.