Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled into the parking deck and went to roll my window down to get my ticket and POP, grind....nothing. So from my reading it seems it probably the window regulator? The clips?

Now my questions... I've found several parts on EBAY.
First is the window regulator repair kit
VW Passat Window Regulator Repair Kit Front Left | eBay
second is the whole door panel/window regulator
New Window Regulator Driver Left Side Front VW Power LH Hand Passat 99 3B1837461 | eBay

both are essentially the same price.... which one do I need? Which would should I buy?

Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
815 Posts
Far be it from me to question JayTheSnork with 3,000 times more postings than I; but - I had the same Pop/Grind noise from my front pass window and although yes, a clip had failed, I also had a cable that was starting to fray. So I ended up sending the clip set back to the seller and purchasing the repair kit.
So, when you pull things off, make sure your cable is still in good condition and none of the cable strands are either rusting or broken.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ive had 2 of my regulators fail cause of the clips. The car is over 10 years old and the plastic begins to deteriorate. Its a fairly simple fix, Just change the regulator. If you can hear the motor run when you press the button, then your motor is good but your regulator is screwed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The passenger side window on my wife's car is acting funny. The motor works fine but when you raise or lower the window, the front of the window is lower than the rear. Almost like the glass is falling into the door. To get the window closed you have to lift on the front of the glass as you raise it. Am I looking at needing new clips or an entire regulator?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts