Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking, and i've come to the conclusion that I would really like to have a Boeser Hood for next summer. I've done a cheesed P'chop, but i would like to see what it really looks like. Ever since i've seen a fellow Club B5'er in EuroTuner with the boeser in Black Magic i've been dreaming of it.

yes, i also p'choped the wheels to look bigger... :oops:

.merk20vt.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yea.....I had the same feeling until I contacted current owners of the hood who in turn directed me to a shop in NJ who fabricates almost all of the boeser hoods on the east coast......thats when my feelings changed :sad: The fabricator said it would cost "about $1500" and thats not even a new hood! plus he wanted my car for 2 weeks (2 weeks is a long time and NJ is about 3 hr drive for me) :thumbdow: . So I said F that idea...Im gonna wait for the production Boeser to hit production: $500+shipping is much better than $1500 w/o a car for 2 weeks. I'll wait 8) besides thats $500 more i can spend on functional performance parts in the mean time!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know when the production Boeser is coming out, or is it just a rumor?

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
scfb518t said:
yea.....I had the same feeling until I contacted current owners of the hood who in turn directed me to a shop in NJ who fabricates almost all of the boeser hoods on the east coast......thats when my feelings changed :sad: The fabricator said it would cost "about $1500" and thats not even a new hood! plus he wanted my car for 2 weeks (2 weeks is a long time and NJ is about 3 hr drive for me) :thumbdow: . So I said F that idea...Im gonna wait for the production Boeser to hit production: $500+shipping is much better than $1500 w/o a car for 2 weeks. I'll wait 8) besides thats $500 more i can spend on functional performance parts in the mean time!
I know the shop you're talking about. While, they've made most of the Boesers on the east, they've only made one for the B5. Additionally, they used the Mattig extention as their template (resulting in the straight edge boeser). AutoFix in Long Island is the shop where 2 of the 3 full sheet metal Boesers for B5's were made. Both were custom fabricated (no pre-existing templates were used) & they use only OEM guage sheet metal & also reinforce theor boesers under the skin for true OEM quality. I've seen the Boesers from that NJ shop. There are visible weld seams all over the place. To me they seem to rush their work - hence the 3 weeks. Mine took about 2 months to get right. And in my opinion, they were doen perfectly. Strong, a visible perfect. You could slam the hoods & no worries. If you want a more aggressive Boeser and also want it done right, go to Autofix in LI. A vented (scoop) Boeser will probably run you about $2400.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1.8tbeout said:
did you p-chop the rims onto that caravan?????
LMAO, no... but we always make fun of my friends neighbour for it :lol:

Thanks for the info, i'll check out the group buy. Although I was planning this for next summer, I guess I could look into it now. $2400 sounds like a lot, especially once it's converted into $CND :eek:

Maybe if i keep photoshoping the boeser, i won't have to actually buy one :lol:

.merk20vt.

·
Registered
519 Posts
did someone say boeser?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sweeeeeeetttt.... I meant to say MEEEAAAAANNNN :oops: :lol:

There is that Group Buy for a CF Boeser Hood, but i think i'd rather go for that sleeper pissed off look (body color paint) than racing pissed off look(Carbon Fibre).
This will all be settled next summer, unless someone wants to buy my camaro today?

.merk20vt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
merk20VT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing