Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Sweet Mary, Joseph, Heysus!! Maaco?? :cry:

Bro, what kind of body-work do you need done on the ride? Here's the shop that's doing my touch-up work before Waterfest. They do excellent body/paint work on Volkswagen/Audi's and are priced very well.

GLS Auto Body
1627 E Gude Dr, Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 279-2410

Now I'm going to have my fenders rolled at:

Wagonwork Collision Center
3406 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Alexandria, VA 22305
(703) 684-2985

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heh! Actually I just wanted to buff the entire car and see if they can take out some scratches on the trunk that has some VW touch up paint on it (looks horrible). Also, I need one of my chrome strips replaced on the left rear door.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Swami you know where I can get some chrome replacements from for the side molding. The chrome on the drivers side (both doors) will need replacing. Also is it something I can do myself?

BTW - what do you mean by "having your fenders rolled"?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
GoldenPassat, GLS will be able to help you out there! They also will be able to replace the molding strips.

Rolling the fenders prevents them from rubbing against the tires during bumps or sharp turns. I'm preparing a 19" setup for Waterfest, and when I initially drove on the wheels they rubbed slightly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey guys,

i'm in the DC/MD/VA area, and i was lookin for a shop to paint the black plastic moldings on my B5. do those aformentioned places also do good jobs on that? around how much would they charge for it? also, what should i expect them to do? smooth out the plastic, apply paint, clearcoat, etc...?

niraj

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
niraj said:
hey guys,

i'm in the DC/MD/VA area, and i was lookin for a shop to paint the black plastic moldings on my B5. do those aformentioned places also do good jobs on that? around how much would they charge for it? also, what should i expect them to do? smooth out the plastic, apply paint, clearcoat, etc...?

niraj
My friend, you need to schedule an appointment and inquire about your specific job! The shops I mentioned do excellent work. A good bodyshop will explain the process and guarantee their work. How can someone give you an estimate, sight unseen? Visit a quality bodyshop and let them take care of you..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just called two VW dealers and asked for the chrome strips that go on the molding of the doors. I was told, by both dealers, that the chrome strip does not come separate, but I have to purchase the entire moldingn and have it painted ($80-$92 front door, $61-$69 rear door). If I am not mistaken, those strips are on there with some sticking tape. Why do I have to purchase the entire molding just for the strip. Anybody else has some ideas about this or at least let me know where I can get the moldings cheaper?

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
The Swami said:
niraj said:
hey guys,

niraj
My friend, you need to schedule an appointment and inquire about your specific job! The shops I mentioned do excellent work. A good bodyshop will explain the process and guarantee their work. How can someone give you an estimate, sight unseen? Visit a quality bodyshop and let them take care of you..

Hey Sawmi,

My poor B5.5 was just keyed two nights ago. I took it over to Congressional VW to have them look at it and nearly fell over at their estimate. Do you know someone at GLS Auto Body that could work with us honestly? Also, you wouldn't mind if I dropped your name, would you? (BTW, what is your real name?) Thanks, bro.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Guys, I'm not the Group Buy Body Shop Guy. I recommended these shops from my experiences with them and because they do excellent work at good prices.

Remember that Body Shops have access to OEM vendors for certain components like "Chrome Molding" and other body panels. There's so many resources on the Web for Body Parts for Volkswagens! :cry: I know I'm not the only one who can do a web-search and then get on the phone to make a few phone calls. Also, you can always visit a local body-shop and they can give you a price for the parts. What about places who give ClubB5 discounts like Drew Parts or LibertyVW?? You guys are really starting to scare me... :nervous:

It takes time to establish quality business relationships. I've been fortunate enough to be involved in a sport which requires occasional body work. There's so many great shops in the DC Metro Area, and I've had good and bad experiences with my Volkswagens. I wouldn't hip you guys to a shop or tuner where I didn't drop my own hard earned $$$ and received stellar service!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.