Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Re: Bobby Chan - Hong Kong (bobbychan)

If you are really want to help on their business then you will shop LOCAL, not the States.

Does the company you try to hide have an ad space in here?

CalgaryB5

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Bobby Chan - Hong Kong (CalgaryB5)

Hi,Bobby,
I'm KK. My car is 2002 Audi A4 1.8T, your car is so sweet, can you teach me to modify?

·
Registered
385 Posts

Hello Bobby,
I would like to find a set of factory's 17' rims first, do you have any suggestion for a wheels shop which can buy a second hand Audi's wheels? Many Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Re: Bobby Chan - Hong Kong (kkau)

Hello KK,
Today, I have goto San Po Kong to find the second hand
wheel and tires. I cannot find for my passat.
But I find the audi S6 17" oem wheel is about HK$ 4,800.00 per 4 nos.
Plus pilot sport tries 225 R17 45 is about HK$ 1,200.00 per 4 nos.
The condition is very good.
The shop name I foggot.
The address is Choi Hung Road after PO Kong Vill. Road.
on left hand side.
Bobby

·
Registered
385 Posts

Hi Bobby,
Oh, Thanks. The shop name maybe "Kam Fu". I know where . Thank you very much!!
And do you want some genuine oil filter? HK$60 each

<![CDATA[Hi Bobby,
Oh, Thanks. The shop name maybe "Kam Fu". I know where . Thank you very much!!
And do you want some genuine oil filter? HK$60 each

[Modified by kkau, 5:54 PM 12/1/2002]

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Maybe I could check those second hand stuff out too when I go back. Sounds interesting. Do they have a lot to choose from or no? And would you be able to tell me precisely where it is? I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Hi, Bobby,
The parts are providing by my friend, he know some VW and Audi car parts supplier in Taiwan and Singapore. All the parts are direct import from my friend! If you have intresting for this, I can provide the parts to you. And about the oil filter, I have some made in Germany in my hand, and they have some difference between them:The Germany one is a little bit longer than the Austria one . The longer one is made by Mann in Germany, the Austria one is Made by Knecht. The filter paper and the filter valve of Mann is better than Knecht. It can let the oil faster running when your car in cold condition, the Germany one can provide a better protection. The stability of quality is better than Austria. If you have intresting for this, I can sell you one for try.

<![CDATA[Hi, Bobby,
The parts are providing by my friend, he know some VW and Audi car parts supplier in Taiwan and Singapore. All the parts are direct import from my friend! If you have intresting for this, I can provide the parts to you. And about the oil filter, I have some made in Germany in my hand, and they have some difference between them:The Germany one is a little bit longer than the Austria one . The longer one is made by Mann in Germany, the Austria one is Made by Knecht. The filter paper and the filter valve of Mann is better than Knecht. It can let the oil faster running when your car in cold condition, the Germany one can provide a better protection. The stability of quality is better than Austria. If you have intresting for this, I can sell you one for try.

[Modified by kkau, 5:21 PM 12/2/2002]

·
Registered
385 Posts

All 1.8T owners please pay attention in your engine oil!
The select of engine oil is very important for VAG's car in Asia, especially for 1.8T engine. All new cars are fill up of engine oil by VAG factory when they completed, but the SAE of engine oil always is 0W/30 or 0W/40. These oil only suitable for use in -20Cto15C out door temperture, so these oil are not suitable for Asia situatation! If you selected a wrong oil, it can reduce the tubro life and increase the engine noise. The correct spec. for 1.8T in Asia is 15W/50 or 5W/50. So, take care for the oil selection.
By: KK

·
Registered
187 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>All 1.8T owners please pay attention in your engine oil!
The select of engine oil is very important for VAG's car in Asia, especially for 1.8T engine. All new cars are fill up of engine oil by VAG factory when they completed, but the SAE of engine oil always is 0W/30 or 0W/40. These oil only suitable for use in -20Cto15C out door temperture, so these oil are not suitable for Asia situatation! If you selected a wrong oil, it can reduce the tubro life and increase the engine noise. The correct spec. for 1.8T in Asia is 15W/50 or 5W/50. So, take care for the oil selection.
By: KK

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with what you are trying to say about the oil choice and the turbo failure. Although the factory oil grade that you expertly discovered is 0W-30 or 0W-40 or whatever. Factory oil has the ability to help the engine to break-in in a variety of temperatures. With the current synthetic oil technology you can buy, and relatively affordable, it overcomes the temperature range with what you said.

·
Registered
385 Posts

Hi, CalgaryB5,
The spec. of the factory's oil of VAG after 1999 is VW 503.00, the said oil is a high lubricat multigrade oil for a longlife service interval. Factory suggested that the oil change interval is 30000km, but in HK that's inpossible due to the busy traffic driving condition and air pollution. And do you know the highest temperture in HK is up to 33-34C, and the lowest is only 8-9C, the average is about 25-26 in a year, the situation is more difference from Europe and your country! In North America, a lot of people suggested that better to use 0W/40 oil in winter, and better to use up to 50W in your summer, please check it , and the oil chart of API which were send to Terence and Bobby by me yet!

<![CDATA[Hi, CalgaryB5,
The spec. of the factory's oil of VAG after 1999 is VW 503.00, the said oil is a high lubricat multigrade oil for a longlife service interval. Factory suggested that the oil change interval is 30000km, but in HK that's inpossible due to the busy traffic driving condition and air pollution. And do you know the highest temperture in HK is up to 33-34C, and the lowest is only 8-9C, the average is about 25-26 in a year, the situation is more difference from Europe and your country! In North America, a lot of people suggested that better to use 0W/40 oil in winter, and better to use up to 50W in your summer, please check it , and the oil chart of API which were send to Terence and Bobby by me yet!

[Modified by kkau, 5:40 PM 12/6/2002]

·
Registered
187 Posts

You simply not believe the product you are using.

If the old school theory always work for you then go for it. Do the thing that can make you sleep comfortable at night.

·
Registered
385 Posts

That's not old theory, the owner mannal of 2002 A4 is displaying that :" The spec. of engine oil from VAG is using VW 503.00, 0W/30, and this kind of oil is fit for longlife service interval. But the HK dealer suggest that the first oil change in 15000Km , so, the long life service interval is not valid in HK! And the HK dealer is using Mobil No:1 or Shell Helix. They not choice the VW503.00, this point can support what I said.

·
Registered
187 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>That's not old theory, the owner mannal of 2002 A4 is displaying that :" The spec. of engine oil from VAG is using VW 503.00, 0W/30, and this kind of oil is fit for longlife service interval. But the HK dealer suggest that the first oil change in 15000Km , so, the long life service interval is not valid in HK!

<
You still think the condition in HK is so different
>

And the HK dealer is using Mobil No:1 or Shell Helix. They not choice the VW503.00, this point can support what I said.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dai Chong is welcome you to pay them anytime to change oil. You need to let go(understand) that the 15K service which your product can do. If VW/AUDI don't pay them then who can they claim the cash from? All you do to your car is to comfort yourself. Again the original oil that come with the car is support a WIDE range of temperatures. I guess you should suggest Dai Chong to complain VW/AUDI to make some HK spec oil. You worried too much about your flashy A4. Find your world in audiworld.com .

·
Registered
385 Posts

Hi,
Several year ago, Castrol was sold SLX 0W/30 full synth. oil in HK. Castrol said that SLX can reduce the friction, steram faster when the engine still cool. So, a lot of people got it and tried, and after several month some user said SLX are very good but only on first 1000 km, and some professor also agreed that 0W/30 oil are not suitable in HK(summer). Hey, man , I have a oil chart about the oil choice from VAG service manual. Do you want one? I can email to you.

·
Registered
187 Posts

Kkau:

Castrol false advertisement on their 100% synthetic oil has cause them in court in North America back then. They lose then after they put Full Synthetic. The Castrol product you mentioned was back in years, around the time which they are battling in court. The bad quality product that the local people tried and hate it is no surprise to me. Please don’t throw me some eye-balls figures like 1000km thing. I am still HKnese/drove in HK as well, and understand not all drivers drive their car daily. 1000km could mean the accumulations for one year driving on their car. If the brand you choose which 0W-30 supports the wide temperature range. I do not see a problem of using it. The e-mail you sent me with the chart is the same as what I have. The oil grades and the temperature range is for reference only. It does not apply to all brands with grades that fall into the category. Use your intelligent to justify the chart. Work it the way you like your car to be.

·
Registered
385 Posts

I never live in Canada, so I don't know about your weather and situation. But I was lived in Taiwan ten years ago and every car owner of Taiwan are known that "don't use 0W oil " due to tropical zone. Maybe 0W oil can use, but not a best one. 0W/30, 0W40..... are very good in your country. But if they topped up the turbo engine in HK or Taiwan, you can feel the noise in high RPM and not smooth in high speed and high RPM. The factory oil of my car was changed my me in 800km, because I found the engine was not smooth. But I felt more smooth and quiet in engine after I change 15W/50 oil which have VW 502.00.
Car is yours , how to care it, up to you.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Bobby, your LED mods are amazing too. Should get the photos of those on here some time soon too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Re: Bobby Chan - Hong Kong (HKPassat)

Hi HKPassat,

I have to take the photo and then post it on the general disscussion forum.

Bobby

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
About this Discussion
50 Replies
14 Participants
corradog60stage4
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing