Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone.

I've been scratching my head over this "problem" I've had with my 2011 B7 ever since I started owning it.
I absolutely love the car, however, I can't get the bluetooth to work in it.

After almost 3 months of trying to figure it out on my own. I've come to the conclusion that I'm potentially missing a bluetooth module in my B7 or I'm just really dumb.

Therefore I've come here to hopefully be enlightened about what I need to do in order to get it working.

First of all, the radio unit. In my car I'm pretty sure I'm running an RCD 310.
In the radio menus, I can find "BT Audio" listed and turned on. However, I can never get my car to show up in the Bluetooth list on my phone.
I've taken some pictures of everything that is plugged in the radio. I have no idea if the BlueTooth is plugged into the radio or what actually is plugged in. Hopefully I can get some help with this.

Secondly, the BT Module itself.
Looking at older forum posts and videos, the module is apparently supposed to be underneath the front passenger seat.
I am also supposed to be able to just pop out the foam casing that the module is supposed to sit in. However, this one is stuck to the carpet, and any attempt of trying to brute force this foam off will probably rip off the carpeting as well.
I can see something underneath the foam and I can feel that there is something under it. But I can't remove it to see what it is.

As a side note, my car has a multi function steering wheel with different phone commands on it. I also have different phone buttons in the roof where the rear mirror is if any of that helps.
Also, I can't find any signs of "phone" connectivity in the MFD.

I would absolutely love some input on this. And if anything is unclear, please let me know and I'll try and update it.
Thanks in advance, I appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quick update.
I went full man mode and attempted to pull out this foam box and I managed to actually pull it out.
And the module is installed. It's a 7P6035730B.
Phone connectivity does still not appear in my MFD screen. Nor does VW Audio pop up in bluetooth list on my phone.
I tried to unplug it and plug it back. I did it with the car both off and on. No luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Another update.
A dozen more forum posts read and my suspicion is now drawn to a dead BT module.
I've tried with an older phone. No luck.
Also seems that I'm running a 9w2, whatever that means. And other forum posters are saying get a 9w7.
EDIT Nvm, my BT module is definetly a 9w7 as its a "7p6", my bad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, I guess this post has just turned into a log of frustration and confusion, lol.
But I am not gonna give up. This car is not leaving my hands until I've got the OEM BT system working.
However, I'm taking my car to the dealer next week for a big service. And we're gonna have a look at the bluetooth situation at the same time.
I'm gonna update this post after that visit. Hopefully with some knowledge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings everyone, It's been a week and today is the big service on my car.
And I've finally got an answer to the problem I've had with the bluetooth.
For anyone out there who is running a "7P6035730B" in your special car. This module, does not have BlueTooth, the radio might say so, but it doesn't.
A dealer can help you replace the module for you and program it properly. In my country it will cost me 1 grand for the module itself.

So in the end. I give up on the OEM dream. I've already ordered a aftermarket radio with built in bluetooth that works with the Multifunction steeringwheel.

Have fun everyone. Thanks for reading my rant of frustration. It helped to just write it down somewhere. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts