Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i brought some jumbo 12V blue LEDs and i got the ones in the front (overhead panel)fine but i cant figure out how to take the 2 damn lights out in the back seat (little light button things)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i actually figured it out thanks for your help though.... but ya it isnt as bright as my i hoped it would be.... once i get my new phone later this week ill post some pictures for you guys

·
Registered
322 Posts
How do i remove those on the front.
Those on the overhead panel... one on the pssanger side and one on the driver side.
Not the the dome light?

TIa

·
Registered
13 Posts
i managed to change my b5's vent lights to blue also. they look kinda bright compared to the rest. i'ts really a cool mod, considering my b5 is european with the dull green dashlights. the blue vent lights really stand out. I'm hoping to add more blue led's to the dash as soon as i know how to.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
julianfang said:
the rear side of those lights pull out...pull one side down, slide a flat head screwedriver into that side, depress the clip, then pull. :)
So are you saying the whole unit comes out or is it just the plastic lens? The guy I got the lights from said to do it from the O side but that side doesn't pull down as much as the other.

Also, I couldn't find a clip on either side so any more description would be much appreciated. :thumbup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
the whole unit comes out. Slip a flat head into the side near the back of the seat, not the rear of the car, and pull down. One side falls out and the other side needs to slide out. Also to let you know, i figured out that after market bulbs aren't as bright as the OEM ones. Just so you don't get disappointed after you plug em in. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
GigaS27 said:
the whole unit comes out. Slip a flat head into the side near the back of the seat, not the rear of the car, and pull down. One side falls out and the other side needs to slide out. Also to let you know, i figured out that after market bulbs aren't as bright as the OEM ones. Just so you don't get disappointed after you plug em in. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice. I thought that was the side you had to pull down but I wasn't sure. I've had the front red LED dome lights in for awhile so I know they're not as bright, but I like the way they look on black leather. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Here's a secret (i think)...if you have the LEDs in the front...and turn both the back lights to permanently off position...the front LEDs will glow a dim glow as you drive and make a nice halo of blue above you to match your interior.

I've gotten a lot of compliments from the dim lights. It looks stealth for some reason...

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Alright, so all you guys got my all excited, so now I'm thinking about installing some Red LEDs to give it a jet cockpit kinda look.

What kind of LEDs would I need for all the interior bulbs? I know that there's a thread on here, but I can't really search for it right now, some help please?

Any tips would also be appreciated!

TIA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts