Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blower, Windshield washer & Accessories not working. All fuses checked and all OK.
After searching the forums and Google looks like I have a bad Ignition load shedding relay 460, which is located near the pedals inside the car or behind the storage bin near and left side below the steering. I don't have the car to check these out for now. Anyone else has experience on this ?? How to get to it easily and replace it?? It is a cheap part so I can just buy it from dealership.

On a similar note.. while checking fuses inside the hoot in the box next to the battery box I pulled out a large I think 40A fuse and forgot to note where exactly I pulled it out from, can someone please post a picture of their fuse/relay box under the hood next to the battery. The car is all running fine and no errors at all. I did get one error light when I pulled some fuse.. it was the Check engine but I cleared it with Vag Com and all is good. Car runs fine and all other electrical work as before no blown fuses.

Thanks for all the help in Advance!! Would appreciate any guidance and the picture..

Cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright quick update...

Leverages the below
http://www.justanswer.com/vw-volksw...assat-2-0t-load-reduction-relay.html?rly_v=72

Just managed to pull out the bin below the steering on driver door side and found the above relay panel right behind it. Pulled out the shown 460 relay and tested it.. Yup bad relay not working on attaching 12 volts directly... tried reversing the polarity too. With the relay removed tested the car and it worked exactly like it was with relay.. Blower, Windshield washer & Accessories not working. So this must be the bad part which I need to replace tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes... Maybe this helps someone in the future..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I'm having a similar problem with my 06 Passat 2.0T. The A/C does not work on any setting. I also noticed the pump for the windshield washer isn't coming on. Would the B9 relay be the same issue with mine as well?

·
Registered
8 Posts
F53, 50a, in the engine compartment feeds the fan bus on a 2006. I had low voltage to the fan (3.45vdc), the a/C engaged, the switch lights came on, but no fan in any position. There are 3 fuses in the driver side fuse panel that relate to the fan and washer. Check to see if you have 13vdc or higher on both sides of the posts. The fuses have bare spots on the post tops for a meter. Use the dash frame there as a ground. My manual showed fuse 39, but there wasn't one there. Fuse 41 matched the amperage for that circuit. I was also missing F53 and had to install one. I did have F52. I also had to disconnect the battery to reset things before it finally began to work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So here it is, I'll try to keep it short.
Last year had the squeaky blower motor issue, with some research found the fix of removing, drilling hole and adding oil, perfect. About a month ago blower motor stops working, while on another house project I learn there is different oils for electrical and non electrical motors, duh, of course I used non electrical on my motor. I assume that was the cause for my motor failure, I did smell that burnt electrical smell. Buy a new motor, swap out easy, turn on fan, nothing. Some more research find the resistor, ok buy new resistor, nothing. Bring to mechanic, cross fingers, he says can't find problem bring to VW. I get car now washer fluid, heated seats and lighter don't work. Some more research, I don't give up so easily, find 50 amp fuse under hood was in wrong place, F52 instead should be F53 , thanks mechanic, get washer fluid and others back but no blower still. More research find the relay 460, buy new relay, still nothing. Ok I give up, call VW make appointment...... wait, one more search, find fuse 39(40A) on driver side fuse panel(Thank you surferal), its blown, ok go to store, we don't have it, 2 more stores we don't have it, last store, yes we have it, $0.85, bingo, now I have A/C. Call VW cancel my appointment, wow that was a piece of cake.

Sorry for long post, thanks to this forum I solved my problem, unfortunately I went financially in the wrong direction, maybe these all needed to be replaced anyways or at least that's what I'm telling my self.
Blower motor - ~$120
Resistor - ~$105
Relay #460 - ~$20
40A Fuse - ~$0.85
All CAD, I hope this helps some body else.

2008 Passat 2.0TFSI

·
Registered
8 Posts
The wiring is strange on these cars. I found out that there are 4 wiring possibilities for the fuse/relay box in the engine compartment for my car. Partially because of options. My car won't start without F52, but after the drain backup and flooded interior, I had to install F53 which I never had in order to get full voltage to the blower/washer pump circuit. The 2 460 relays on panel j519 can be swapped to determine if one is bad so you don't have to purchase one for no reason. Hope everyone gets their probs fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.