Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking at replacing my bypass value and I dont know which to get, A blow off or diverter value, so can you help me out? Also which one I should get of either the diverter or blow off? :???:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Go with the blow-off, the looks you get from people are great!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blow-off valves do sound good and the looks from people are probably nice but doing this will harm your performace. When you blow off a certain amount of air that has already been metered by the MAf the enigine will run rich and cause missfires due to the fact that a predetermined amount of fuel will still be delivered for this blown off air. Thus causing a mixture with too much fuel and not enough air. This is something you might want to take into consideration before making your final desicion on this but if you do stay with a diverter then go with either a TT 225 DV or a good piston type of any reputable brand. -Patrick Ashby

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
The GFB hybrid adjustable BOV sounds great. I have also heard good things about the HKS and I think it is a litlle cheaper than the GFB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i put a bailey DV 26 twin piston evo valve,on my 99 1.8t se,and blocked off the old recirc valve .it sounds cool,and i have not noticed any poor running or power loss.costs about £120 gbp for the valve and t-piece in the uk :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
vanyok_GTi
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing