Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
STUPID!!! I can understand drunk drivers require this in their cars, but not for everyone. A run to the market would suck. Or should I say BLOW! :D

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
some axe wielding maniac is attacking you. quick, in your car and get away!

but hang on. you still have to AUTHORIZE yourself to drive. here, blow into this....

you can't? you say your head was cut off by that axe guy, at 2am, when you got into your car?

or, more realistically, you need to drive someone to the hospital. you're all freaked out and maybe you DID have a beer during a party that nite, but you still have to get your friend to the E-room.

but wait - your car won't let you. its better you let him bleed there than risk taking rubber to road if you're not 100.0% sober.

all KINDS of problems with this 'solution'.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
linux-works said:

but hang on. you still have to AUTHORIZE yourself to drive. here, blow into this....

you can't? you say your head was cut off by that axe guy, at 2am, when you got into your car?
Maybe they figure that there are more deaths per year from drunk driving than axe murders.

Seriously though... I agree with you... there are all kinds of potential problems with this.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
20vvillian said:
I thought it was illegal to blow and drive! :lol:
no..no..no.... you can get a blow and drive... :p

seriously this isnt the solution to drunk driving, people has to be more responsible.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Man that is stupid. Oh and NM dealers will be pissed, since everyone will just go to other states to buy their cars where it is not required - I wouldn't think it possible to force you to pay for the installation of this part.

Oh and the rolling starts are even more stupid.

I hate how our country is so g-damned puritan that we cant have a few beers with dinner, which is COMPLETELY different from getting drunk, but not in the minds of the lawmakers. 0.08 BAC is too low to indicate someone who is not in control.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I heard about this movement from MADD on the radio about wanting to ban gas stations from selling alcohol...I don't even know where to begin with that one... :weirdo: :crazy:

/karl

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SpecialKDog1 said:
I heard about this movement from MADD on the radio about wanting to ban gas stations from selling alcohol...I don't even know where to begin with that one... :weirdo: :crazy:

/karl
DAMM to the rescue!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AJChenMPH said:
I think it makes sense if you already have a DWI or DUI conviction, but otherwise... :crazy:

Andy
so if the DUI guy is now the one being attacked by the axe murderer? doesn't he also deserve to be able to get in the car, drive away NOW and be as safe as the rest of us? ;)

this 'wait 30 seconds' bit seems broken, in design. if that's the best they could come up with, they should do nothing at all.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Because...uhhh... That's safe

I think my favorite part of the article is that the vehicle will also do "rolling" tests whereby you have to blow into a nozzle while driving.

:crazy:

Because we don't already have enough distractions on the road, it would be a good idea to force a driver to have to blow into a breathalyzer while driving.

This idea is so stupid its kind of offensive.

I understand the worry with drunk drivers, but I can't imagine that this is at all a safe or effective solution.

·
Registered
696 Posts
linux-works said:

hmm sounds like the logical anti-fascist, anti-guncontrol argument? doesn't it?

b...but wait mr savage rapist....I need to find the key to my trigger lock..

dohhhh!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts