Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get your brain out of the gutter for a sec.

So I first see the new Blockbuster ad on Superbowl Sunday and think to myself, why on earth would anyone go to Blockbuster? In fact, I've felt that way ever since Hollywood video came to town a number of years ago.

Blockbuster: $2.99, due back at noon the next day, or $1 for each additional day.

5 day cost: $6.99

Hollywood: $3.50, due back at midnight, five days later.

5 day cost: $3.50

Are people really this crazy? :crazy:

Oh, and the people in the ad should be saying "Lemme let this off camera voice tell you why it's big." :p

·
Registered
505 Posts
Its all about convenience. Personally, I wouldn't drive the extra 10 min it takes to get to the nearest Hollywood video when Blockbuster is 3 min from my house. I don't keep the movies for more than a day anyways because I watch them the day I rent them.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Yeah Hollywood video blows Blockbuster away. They will also let you rent while you carry an account balance, which BB wouldn't let me do when I used them last... 4 years ago. In Philly we have TLA Video which carries all the more obscure titles that hollywood doesn't.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I just joined the freedom movie pass from blockbuster 24.99 a month get to rent 2 movies at a time and return them whenever you want no late fees no nothing it's kinda like netflicks I get 2 movies just about every 2-3 days. when we first got it we got movies every other day.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
netflix.com :thumbup:

You'll never go to blockbuster again.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
another Netflix vote here. I don't need no stinkin' blockbuster.

nothing is more convenient than my mailbox, I check it once a day already. Twice on Sunday. :lol:

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I go to Hollywood Video, $4.06 w/ tax (i hate the 94 cents change so i always have a spare nickel and penny :lol: )
And on new releases you get a dollor credit if you return it the next day :thumbup:

·
Registered
709 Posts
i use a service like netflix... only it's for video games, lol.

but it's like praetor said, it's convenience. we have a movie gallery and a blockbuster. blockbuster destroys movie gallery. i wish we had a hollywood video, but we don't, so blockbuster it is. also, i believe blockbuster have changed their late fee charges to if it's late one day, they charge you for another week's worth of rents.

I once had a video game for about 22 days, i kept it because i figured they charged me the extra 2 weeks and i'd take it back.

NOTE TO THOSE WHO USE BLOCKBUSTER TO RENT VIDEO GAMES
IF you keep a game for longer than 20 days, they automatically charge you the price of the game ($50) and the $20 late fee on top of that because they figured you stole the damn thing. they charge this to your credit card you give them before signing up for an account. it's bullshit. i had to sit in the store for like 30 minutes while they got rid of the charge to the card... and they couldn't even do it, they credited my account with $50, and even then, they still don't recognize the credit. be careful with blockbuster late fees, they didn't get sued for nothing.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Yeah Hollywood blows away Blockbuster but i still do sometimes go to BB being its alot closer to the crib.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts