Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 V6

2 questions

My brother accidently stripped the hex insert to the coolant bleeder screw closest to the front of the motor :thumbdown

Do I have to be able to use this particular bleeder point so long as I bleed from the other (the one closer to the firewall) and the one on the heater core? I don't want to have to spend $ on the replacement because I'm selling the car.

While replacing the oil cooler I accidently broke the little plastic parts that hold the plastic tube/ sleeve and the rubber gasket together as one piece but now I can remove the plastic tube by itself. The other 2 longer plastic pieces are still fine.

Do I need to send the cooler back for a replacement or is it no big deal.

Thank you

·
Registered
510 Posts
Are you sure he actually stripped it? I thought I had but then I noticed there was some crud in the bleeder allen key hole. I used a pick to clean it out and the key went in much further than before and I was able to open it. See if you have the same thing.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to loosen it by angling the Allen key a bit and putting a bit of pressure on it. :thumbup:

As far as the part I tried describing that I broke it doesn't appear to have effected the oil cooler and its function :bowdown:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts