Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tech rep at Blaupunkt USA just told me that the Miami cd-72 is being discontinued for 2004. This is the one unit that perfectly matches the VW lights. I called him to find out what was up, because SoundDomain.com is selling them for $169.95 !!! If your looking for a great match for the Passat dash, this price is unreal (regular $380 at Crutchfield).
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/BLAMIAMICD72

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the tip DocJ- just picked up the last one yesterday! 8)

How did your install go? I need to install mine in a non-monsoon B5. Any tips for me?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
96cali said:
Thanks for the tip DocJ- just picked up the last one yesterday! 8)

How did your install go? I need to install mine in a non-monsoon B5. Any tips for me?
I put mine in last night. No problems at all. I wound up not using the extra wiring harnesses. Instead, I swapped the 12v ignition and the 12v constant on the stock harness and clipped and taped the K-wire. Then I just plugged it right into the Blaupunkt just like it was in the stock radio. That saved alot of splicing and soldering that I would have done using the Metra harness. Good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi, I just installed a Blau San Franciscon CD70 on my non-monsoon 99 B5.
The headunit seems to stick out about a 1/4 inch. Does the Miami do that as well? Just curious.

The CD70 sounds great..bass is fuller and sounds like I have a subwoofer in there now (even though I dont). Using stock speakers as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts