Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tint appointment is set for Monday. I'm trying to get her to go with the 6% tint. She is reluctant and wants to see it on another Passat. So if any of you have any pics, it would be much appreciated. Pics of both tints would be good so she can compare. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JimmyDee said:
Is the lower percentage number, a darker tinit?

Jimmy :)
Yes. The percentage indicates how much sunlight it allows to go through. For example, the pic posted is of 5% tint. That means 95% of the sunlight is stopped from going through.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quality_sound said:
And oddly enough, you can still see out the windows just fine. I won'der how they did that?

Paul :thumbup:
So your wife is happy with the 5%? I think my girlfriend would be more happy with 5% than 20%. If I get a testimony that your wife really likes it, she will probably cave for the 5%. :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JimmyDee said:
quality_sound said:
And oddly enough, you can still see out the windows just fine. I won'der how they did that?

What about at night time? Can you still see out the windows at night?

Jimmy :)
Good question. How is it at night Paul?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
It's great. It's like having the mirror in the night posistion all the time. I never use it anymore. Also, I know my wife liked it since she had her car done 5% as well. When we did this the Amber Fire B5 was mine and she drove out Mk3 Jetta, both of them have 5%. Then I got an 04.5 Variant and she drives the B5. I can get pics of the Jetta if you'd like. How's this for a kicker? As soon as we got home with the variant she told me we needed to do 5% on that as well since there was such a large greenhouse. 8) From the inside of the car the 5% isn't nearly as dark as it looks from the outside.

·
Registered
16 Posts
there is always in the middle like a 13%

Although sometime i wish i went with 5% all the way around. and it would be nice to have like a 20 on the windshield. but then again i would be breaking the law and that is wrong and immoral[/list]

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quality_sound said:
It's great. It's like having the mirror in the night posistion all the time. I never use it anymore. Also, I know my wife liked it since she had her car done 5% as well. When we did this the Amber Fire B5 was mine and she drove out Mk3 Jetta, both of them have 5%. Then I got an 04.5 Variant and she drives the B5. I can get pics of the Jetta if you'd like. How's this for a kicker? As soon as we got home with the variant she told me we needed to do 5% on that as well since there was such a large greenhouse. 8) From the inside of the car the 5% isn't nearly as dark as it looks from the outside.
So you don't have any problems looking out at night? Thats great if so. I know we are going with 5% then. What color is the Jetta? Could you post a pic of that also? Thanks.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
We have no problems seeing out at night and my wife is almost night blind. The Jetta is Giglio Titanium Metallic from the 99 Ferrai color book. Yeah, I have an issue with painting cars. I don't have any pics of it with the tint but I'll take some later and post them. Here's what it looks like without the tint.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That ride is looking smooth also. I can't wait to see it with some tint. Thanks for the pics. Oh yea, thanks to you, she is settled on 5%. :thumbup: Thanks Paul.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
don't let these guys fool you...

looking out a 5% tinted window at night is not a good idea... i've had 20% at the most on my vehicles and that still makes it harder to see out the windows at night...

and it also makes all the lighting inside your car reflect off your windows even more, makeing it even MORE difficult at night...

and thoe 5%'ers only look nice on a black car...

i'd go with the 20%... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've got limo tint, and at night it is a little harder to see out of! I does irritate me at times, but I love it too much. :wink: I role down the windows alot at night when I'm not sure at what I'm looking at, or just want to be sure :roll: .

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
Curry said:
I've got limo tint, and at night it is a little harder to see out of! I does irritate me at times, but I love it too much. :wink: I role down the windows alot at night when I'm not sure at what I'm looking at, or just want to be sure :roll: .
you gotta roll the windows down to "be sure" of what you are looking at...? gotta make sure that trick isn't a tranny in disguise huh...? :p

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
A-Tiller-the-hun said:
you gotta roll the windows down to "be sure" of what you are looking at...? gotta make sure that trick isn't a tranny in disguise huh...?[/quotes]

I see you're going mainstream with your act :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
Curry said:
you gotta roll the windows down to "be sure" of what you are looking at...? gotta make sure that trick isn't a tranny in disguise huh...? :p
...wow...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.