Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im going to order my bilstien sport struts for my b5.5. now im trying to figure out what are the difference between ecs grooved and nuespeed? ive noticed a big difference in prices. i really wanna lower the front end of my car atleast half an inch. will nuespeed do this? or only ecs. Can someone help.

thanks.

my car with eibach pro springs

(wheels now belong to wickeda2)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
As far as I know, the Neuspeed Bilstein Struts set to the lowest notch w/ Eibach springs will get rid of your butt drag effect.

I have the same suspension now and am replacing the whole thing with Neuspeed Sport Struts & Neuspeed Sport Springs so I can sell my Eibach setup as a kit (as I bought it).

Not sure on the ECS grooved...but probably the same thing/idea.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I know the Neuspeed Bilsteins are actually grooved by Bilsteins so all the normal warranty applies. I'm sure that the ECS Bilsteins do exactly the same thing (same functionality) but I'm not sure if they are also factory grooved or grooved 'after-market' by ECS for example.

Who's cheaper by the way? Neuspeed Bilsteins can be had for $425 shipped to your door through our GBs.

You are looking for > 0.5" drop from the front, does that mean you actually want to go from a reverse rake to a positive rake? I know the grooved Bilsteins by default will give you an additional 0.4" drop in the front. Is that enough? If not you might have to replace your spring at the same time to get the effect you desire.

[side note] Your reverse rake seems rather noticable![/side note]

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
listening right now...i'm looking for a suspension also since i just picked up a set of rims like on the car above.... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
wicked a2
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing