Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the very near future I will be removing my Bilstein PSS9 coil-overs from my '04 GLX. The '04 GLX will be going up for sale soon along with the PSS9's. Seeing as the PSS9's won't work on my W8 they are of no use to me anymore.
The W8 has different spring rates in the front and the rear end is different than the FWD Passat because the W8 is 4motion. In short, a completely different kit is required for my W8.
I installed these last year and took 1 road trip on them. They have less than 6k miles on them and are still in pristine condition.
I paid $2200 from TireRack.com. (they do not sell these right now for our B5 / 5.5's)
Right now ECS Tuning has the exact same kit for $1860.
found here: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-bilstein-parts/pss9-coilover-kit/48-088749~bil/?gclid=COHalpaw988CFUg6gQodpygEBw

For those of you who know about the PSS9's, well... you know.

For those of you who don't know about the PSS9's, they are an insane upgrade from factory. Some of the best money can buy.
I'm running P235's in front and P265's in back on staggered 19 inch rims with suspension dropped about 2-1/4 inches. This car drives like it's bolted to a rail.
Handling and cornering is absolutely mind blowing. Anybody that's been for a ride in my car has had to pick their jaw up off the ground. Everyone's response, WOW, just wow.

Factory vs Bilstein PSS9

I will post pic's of the coil-overs as soon as I get them off of the car.
$1300 for the complete kit. Still have the box they came in.
Interested parties let me know.

Dave (aka AndreasPassat)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also have this kit and he isn't kidding, the difference is incredible. BUT hold up, you're running 265's in the rear? how is that even possible? please post a photo of this cause that is a monster tire, just curious about your offset to clear the suspension as well as keeping the tire semi under the fender... unless it isn't under the fender and it sticks out the side of the car ahahahah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts