Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, all fellow B5 members, I need addvice NOW! I´ve got my hands on a set of Bilstein dampers for only 300$. Right now i´m riding on Eibach springs and stock shocks. I´ve seen that alot of you don´t like Bilstein, because it gets to "stiff", is that a fact or should I go for it?

Oh yeah, It´s the "Bilstein B4" shocks for the B5 :)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
A lot depends on tires as well. If you are on 16" it won't be stiff, if you are on 17s -can be, depends on your prefferences. Roads in Sweden should be prety much like in Finland (I know roads in Finland and they are pretty good). So, if you are ready to trade a bit of comfort go for Bilsteins, hardly you can find better shocks on market.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh yes, what do u guys pay for a full set of Bilstein/Koni shocks in the US? The Bilsteins I´m about to buy are 235EUR and thats about 275$ + shipping = about 305$

For me that sound like a good price, good shocks cost a fortune (as everything else) here in Sweden? Can I get a better price somewhere else, like in the US or some other country for that matter?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have the bilstein/H&R sport set up and I am running 17's. I would strongly reccommend this roads with few or minor imperfections. I find this a bit too stiff for my tastes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Bilsteins I´m about to get are Bilstein B4, and there not supposed to be that stiff. There are stiffer than the original ones, but not as much as the Bilstein B6 and B8 (those are supersport shocks or something).

This is only what I have read here at the forum, further feedback would be much apprecieted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.