Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know everyone has heard this before and i did do a search and clicked through 14 pages of warranty stuff. If i pick up my bilstein and H&Rs and lets say my tie rod or control arms go on me. then the dealer can refuse to do the repair under warranty right? if so, i guess i would need to change out my suspension if i go in for a handling related problem... I read over the whole legal warranty thingy in the info forum but i just wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
Dealers have some discretion over whether or not to disallow warranty work. Therefore, there's no way to be certain about how any specific dealer may respond. The safe bet is to assume that they'll disallow warranty work on suspension once you've installed aftermarket components. You can always ask the dealer about it, but generally, they aren't inclined to offer assurances on hypothetical questions.

Kenny

·
Registered
612 Posts
My experience with VW dealers is that they won't even cover things during the warranty without any mods at all.... Screw them, enjoy your car.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Vincheung, you hit the nail on the head. The dealership can deny warranty work on an item which is a direct cause of your modification. I think it would be a huge waste of time to reinstall the stock suspension if you find that the Tie-Rods or Control Arms wear out. Just purchase a Heavy Duty Set from ECSTuning, and replace them!! :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info guys! im gonna go ahead and pick up the bilsteins H&Rs and flip one to the dealer everytime i pass by. i bookmarked ecstuning so if or when my control arms go on me i'll be ready to go. Thanks again, Profile and pics comin soon

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
InkBlue said:
My experience with VW dealers is that they won't even cover things during the warranty without any mods at all.... Screw them, enjoy your car.
You hit the nail on the Head :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts