Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I rock some staggered 20's and need to get lower but I've destroyed my liners and I'm within a 1/4inch of my front fenders hittin rubber when I turn. Any big wheeled lowered advise would be nice. Thanks guys

Oh to be specific on my whip it's a B6 Passat sedan on MRR HR3's 20x8.5f et35 20x9.5r et35 lowered on Raceland ultimos(b.o.b.):driving:

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,909 Posts
what shocks are you running? If they are OEM that could be a big part of the issue, they aren't stiff enough to mate up with the racelands (which are really aggressive springs) combine that with the already large wheel/tire setup you have, and it ends up in trouble.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are probably as low as you can get. The Ultimos go low, yes. You need run some camber (your tire sizes are small, but right for what you want to accomplish). This will allow the top of your wheel to tuck in at an angle in the well allowing to go lower. Also, ditch the cheap-ass coilovers. You need something with strong valving and stiffer springs, this will allow less "bounce" and chances to rub. There is a reason not many B5 owners have 20s.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Theyre not big height wise but they are wide as heck!! 17X9.5" Vette wheels running a +31 offset after 25mm spacers. Im running a 225/45 or 40, I cant remember. Its just a small stretch. I still need to drop her but it fit in the wheel wells with no modifications. I was surprised. 9.5" is the widest wheel Ive ever seen on a Passat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.