Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright it's been a long time comin, but she's alive and kicken' again.....with a couple of new goodies:

T3 Super 60 - 60AR cold side with 51mm wheel, .48 hotside
ATP software
ATP manifold
ATP adjustable FPR
Tial 35mm External Wastegate (13lb spring)
380cc Siemens Deka injectors
3" High Flow Cat (with pre and post 02 sensors)
Custom 3" turbo back to modified Autotech 2.5" exhaust
Custom 3" intake with integrated maf sensor
Ported (4mil over) and polished head
ECS Stage II clutch and lightened flywheel
Greddy FMIC
Greddy Type S BOV in recirc mode
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller
Autometer Cobalt A/F, Pyrometer, and Boost/Vac gauges.......

All of the pipework was done by my boy Dave (thanks brother :beer: ) and tied together with a long list of ATP hoses, v-clamps, gaskets, etc. Initial dyno runs are coming soon so we've got a baseline to start tuning from. Boost controller still isn't hooked up yet so the lil' green spring in the wastegate isn't doing the car any justice yet, but it's only been up and running since Monday evening and still no issues with CEL's or limp mode so all is well so far :D .

Install went really well and the pics really don't do Dave's work justice as he had to squeeze a lot o' tube in there and still be able to keep my fogs. All of the pipe ends have been beaded and Cerma-chromed. Exhaust housing, manifold, wastegate pipe and downpipe have all been ceramic coated as well (inside and out). Intake mani was Cerma-chromed too.......

FMIC was dropped down 2" from stock location...

BOV...

MAF sensor integrated into the intake...

Igniter relocated to fender well for cooling....

Downpipe with V-band.....tight fit :sly:

3" to 2.5" Autotech transition....

Final install pic.....

....before anyone asks, yes that is currently a WAI until we fab up the sheild that will go in between the intake and the turbo. The picture doesn't show it very well, but the intake pipe was run under the bumper support to leave a bunch of room for both the maf sensor and the heat shield.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice work! I do have a question about the placement of the igniter though. Do you think that it could be damaged by debris inside of the wheel well? I am looking for places to mount mine and I had not considered that location.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a pic of what it looks like from inside the wheelwell....

The back side of the igniter simply has cooling fins on it to help keep it cool. You can't really damage the way the igniter performs as this piece is simply a heat-sink.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Thats some sick ass shit . Im loving it :thumbup: :thumbup: , Whats the Igniter I taught that was the ICM (Ignition Control Module)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Thats awesome :bow: :bow: :bow:

There aren't many people here running big turbo upgrades with external wastegastes.

I know a guy who ran a super 60 turbo on his dsm and ran 13s all day long! Are you planning to track your car at all?

·
Registered
147 Posts
:thumbup:

nice setup, what fuel pressure are you running now, dont you think a 13lb spring is kind of much for being untuned? I'll be posting up a GT28RS kit soon hopefully, nice instal, i hear the siemens injectors are awsome :D

Looks sweet 8)

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Wow awsome!!! :bow: :thumbup: . Do you meet witht he others at Tacoma Speedometer every Wenesday?. I really need to check that weekly gathering out :lol: . Anyways, looking great............Rah.............. :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sweet setup. It puts my K04 setup to shame...

What kind of power are you expecting from that?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Yo man, about your power steering line just drooping there, what did you guys wind up doing with that? I want to lower mine about 2" to accomadate the FMIC coming down a little.

It looks like the hardlines kinda um.. come off. Is it easy to drop them???

THANKS, oh, NICE RIDE!

-steven

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
looks awesome :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts