Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking pretty good for 18 years of hard life. Ready for Eurotripper 7. Eventually I will have to address the twisty door panel where a jack slid out from under it.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,579 Posts
Very nice! I'll send you my address so you can deliver it to me ;).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah but I want the indigo blue, I thought mine was Pacific blue, but I guess that is the lighter color? Still looks silver. Nice, but still looks that way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah the deep blue looks super nice on these. Is the Pacific blue the special color? What was the super rare blue that was on the W8s?

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Indigo is a dark Blue but it looks nice on a wagon:

·
Registered
11 Posts
That it does.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who makes proper use of the long roof during the ol' service position.

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Roof and inside. It was crowded with a double engine and trans swap going on:

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Roof and inside. It was crowded with a double engine and trans swap going on:
View attachment 98493
:eek:
And I thought it was crowded in my garage when I did the double swap on my 1998 GLS. My garage up in WI was spacious compared to that. I don't if I could work in that tight of an area anymore. Nothing worse than moving something out of the way every time you have to take a step. The biggest thing for me was always having a place to escape to in case the engine decided to remove itself from the hoist.

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
I had to roll the cars back to the lip of the garage floor to move the engines into place. I did replace an oil pump and turbo on the right side while I had my car apart on the left years ago. That was a bit tight, now that I occupy more room, it's harder to work in that space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts