Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need help will take car to good shop, im in San Antonio TX. Bhw 2.0.
Code p0299 and p0741 . I know what they mean just need help
773 7190510
hit my number if you are the right person or can get me to the right shop. Thank you in ADV...
I'm sure if we talk i can explain my concerns and what has been done she's extremely clean for yr and model.

·
Registered
2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion
219 Posts
Folks seem to be loving the work done at Rod East VW in the San Antonio area. Look in the 'Dealers and Services' sub-section...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo and transmission issues...Oy! What year is she? Good luck in your search.
05. Turbo n trans yes. Turbo has been changed n75 as well all silicone hoses and tested and inspected turbo hoses..
Tcc solenoid n pressure reg valve from trans go has been changed so it may be my torque C itself..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
05. Turbo n trans yes. Turbo has been changed n75 as well all silicone hoses and tested and inspected turbo hoses..
Tcc solenoid n pressure reg valve from trans go has been changed so it may be my torque C itself..
And yes thank you for your response. I've been there once with very little luck..The Bhw seems to need some special software and the age of the car challenges some shops and Tech... I may be willing to spend 2k- or so but dealership prices are usually triple that..+...

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,102 Posts
After about 5-7 years, I would not even think about a dealer. They tend to lose those customers around that time because of repairs costs being high. Tech turnover also means they have less experience with the older cars. You'll want to find a good indy shop.

Reactions: John_E

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After about 5-7 years, I would not even think about a dealer. They tend to lose those customers around that time because of repairs costs being high. Tech turnover also means they have less experience with the older cars. You'll want to find a good indy shop.
And you are CORRECT!!

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
The code for the trans will require a rebuilt torque converter. It's a pretty common issue. You might try a search for a local TDI shop. I know there are some up here near Dallas, but there should be some in Austin or San Antonio too.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
The code for the trans will require a rebuilt torque converter. It's a pretty common issue.
You can drive with that fault and not harm the car, unless you tow with it, for instance. Gas mileage may be less, and ATF life reduced, but I drove my B5 Audi for years with that code and wasn't concerned enough to fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The code for the trans will require a rebuilt torque converter. It's a pretty common issue. You might try a search for a local TDI shop. I know there are some up here near Dallas, but there should be some in Austin or San Antonio too.
If you would send me names or numbers of shops/ppl there in Dallas, within reasonable distances I would take the car . And yes I'm going to have the trans rebuilt.. and replys like yours is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
28,069 Posts
This is the TDI Club listing by state:

Locally, I've had Marin in Plano repair a cluster display for my son's Passat. He works on all VW. Tim's German in Ft Worth also has a good rep, but I have never used them.
Many of the contact or links are outdated. I would search locally, from what I saw, I would try this place, since they primarily work on VW and Audi and have a good rating:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts