Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure some of you bought your ride a can of this stuff. When I do my 40K, I was going to throw a bottle of this in. I assume when I run it, I run it hard. They suggest you run it a certain way but does anyone know the proper method of cleaning out your injection system? I figure I am changing all the external parts, might as well make sure its clean internally. Thanks for any help

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Chas has used this stuff, he'll probably chime in. I think putting it in the tank is the accepted way to do it, although you can really blast the crud out of your cylinder head/valve area by saving some of it, pulling a vacuum line loose, and sucking the stuff directly out of the can...

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Fuchengruven said:
I am sure some of you bought your ride a can of this stuff. When I do my 40K, I was going to throw a bottle of this in. I assume when I run it, I run it hard. They suggest you run it a certain way but does anyone know the proper method of cleaning out your injection system? I figure I am changing all the external parts, might as well make sure its clean internally. Thanks for any help
I use BG 44K every 20K miles. All you do is wait until you perform your next fill-up and run a can of this in your gas. That's it!! :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Swami: You ever listen to Goss's Garage on 106.7? He's always giving away free cans of this stuff and saying that it's the greatest thing ever, but I figure that's just because they're his major sponsor. Does it make a noticeable improvement, and in what way?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts