Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passat 2005 GLX 4 motion drives well in the snow. NYC just got pounded by a foot of snow and blizzard gusts. I drove home after an overnight shift, past numerous struggling SUVs and jeeps and then in a coup de grace, through a high drift around a car stuck in the middle of 84th street (up hill) and then through two walls of snow into a "parking place."

The wipers, on the other hand.... I had to clear them repeatedly from build-up of snow which ultimately bent the passenger side wiper. (Dangerous to keep stopping to clear them.) Even in lighter snowfalls, the smallest bit of ice on the windshield quickly spoils the squeegees. Dealers have replaced the blades on warrantee a couple of times. It is tiresome and this morning it was dangerous.

I had the same problem with my 2002. What happened to German engineering? It snows there, right?

Can anyone recommend a better wiper blade?

(The other really annoying thing is having to turn the rear defroster on again every 10 minutes. The window fogs up very quickly. Any way to prevent it from turning off automatically?)

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
keep the car at 70 degrees if you have climate control and the windows wont fog, and keep the glass clean.if not then try to keep it not too hot inside. my windows never fog once they defrost from sitting.
you can put the old style arms on if you dont like the new wipers. mine wants to do the same thing in the snow.untill i learned this little trick- if you dont keep the defroster on the snow wont stick and build up.
oh yeah...you go 4mo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts