Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made an appointment with my mechanic to get my secondary air pump replace, and he asked if I wanted to get the parts myself or if I wanted him to get them. I figured I would get them and avoid any mark up. Where is the absolute cheapest place to order VW parts? I am a strapped college student... hook me up. Thanks.

Woody

·
Registered
247 Posts
Impex.com always has good pricing. You may have to call them. They have lots of parts that are impossible to find on their website without part numbers.

·
Registered
853 Posts
JDigga said:
Replacing these two parts is an easy couple-hour DIY; you can save some bucks there too.
Changing the combination valve isn't too hard a task.... but I found that getting out the air pump to be a big hassle. You need lot's of patience.

I got my (2000 1.8T) parts at www.vw-auto-parts.com

058-131-101-B Valve list price $104.08, net $ 83.26
078-906-601-D Pump list price $254.75, net $203.80

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TurboJim,

When I typed in the part number for the valve it says its the Diverter Valve? I have a Forge DV, is that the right part number? Thanks.

Woody

·
Registered
853 Posts
woody1981 said:
TurboJim,

When I typed in the part number for the valve it says its the Diverter Valve? I have a Forge DV, is that the right part number? Thanks.

Woody
I questioned them on their descriptions before I went ahead and ordered. They are confusing. If you have any questions I'd e-mail them.

I took that part number right off my invoice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
woody1981
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing