Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 2.5 is not a beast in performance, and most likely wont be unless I heavily modify it. I am simply looking for some good bolt on parts to pep it up just a little, and make it sound good. Any suggestions? I am also looking for some interior pieces as some of mine are scratched. Any good website or stores around Tampa, fl will be greatly appreciated.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,288 Posts
Try vortex as well.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,288 Posts
The 2.5 was used in other models like the jetta and golf. Have you tried searching that way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, I found an intake manifold, CAI and a few places to retune. Looks like I might have to order a jetta exhaust and put in some custom pipes to cover the differences or just find a good muffler and run a custom exhaust and headers

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have talked to a few Vdub only performance shops and they are all telling me the same thing , unless it's custom it's going to cost you $7 or $8 k .... Personally I have decided to wait until after the winter to start my turbo project on my 2.5 . So it's a new intake and exhaust manifolds , turbo , injectors , oil lines , ECU tunning , intercooler , ect ... Although they did tell me that AFC makes a exhaust for the 2.0t diesel & that it would not be hard to modify it to our 2.5 ... Just another thought ..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, I am not use to an exhaust manifold being 1200 bucks and an intake manifold being 1500 haha. I dont have that kind of money. I will most likely just see what I can do with the stock intake manifold, and fab up a header and exhaust and throw on a CAI until I can afford to go crazy. I also have to wait until my other car is more reliable so I can drive it while this one is being worked on

1 - 9 of 9 Posts