Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a long time of needing nothing, now I need something for my car. The turbo Inlet hose. Sure I could just get another factory unit, but what other options do I have for my AEB 1.8T engine?

Best place to buy one?
Best Price?

That kind of info. I have been away from this place for so long that I have forgotten most of the cool places to buy stuff like this online.

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an APR hose. I don't know if it works for your year, but I have a 2002. I believe my hose was the same as for the Audi. It fit fine and I've been using if for about a year now.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Does the stock inlet hose really restrict airflow that much by itself? If it's collapsing under high vacuum, doesn't that indicate that the airbox is too restrictive, not that the inlet hose is insufficient?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im thinkin of the neuspeed one. Seems to be bigger than that samco one. Altho both the APR and the samco are half the price. Hmm maybe ill have to look into it abit more.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've had the APR hose on my AEB for a few months now. The reason I bought it was because the old factory hose was collapsing on me when exiting corners. The APR hose is wire reinforced to stop that. None of the others are IIRC.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well mine is right on the edge of total failure. There is a small gash in the lower side of it that weakens the wall. No leak that I'm awhere of at this point but under full to even part throttle the turbo will surge and then will release quite unexpectedly. The whole while it sounds like a hotrod kid's, turbo charged, Honda with a blow-off valve. This isn't good. Some kid last night thought I was trying to race him when my car did this right next to him, surge, PSSSHHHHHTTTT! Having the CAI system I have on my car the sound is louder than normal. He thought I was trying to "Blow Off on him" and set up a race. He then revved the crap out of his old Eagle Talon TSi and peeled away. My car wasn't in any shape to pick a fight. It just does that. Unfortuantly it was right next to him when it went Pop!

This isn't good for any of the car's systems. I'm sure the motor mounts are really tired of the engine launching back and forth in the bay. The local dealership has the stock unit on hand. So I think for now I'm going to go get that one and then upgrade to a more permanent fix down the road.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
so anyone recommend the neuspeed over the samco? or the other way around? i coulda sworn reading somewhere neuspeeds turbo inlet hose was samco as well.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
so anyone recommend the neuspeed over the samco? or the other way around? i coulda sworn reading somewhere neuspeeds turbo inlet hose was samco as well.
Neuspeed's hose is partially the same as Samco's, it has a "Velocity Stack" which makes the connection on one of the sides slightly larger...not sure which. IIRC it wasnt worth it though. Its over double the price of the regular Samco.

I would get the APR hose though.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
im waiting for my stock hose to go and then im gonna upgrade to the apr inlet hose :)

just seems pointless to fix the hose if it didnt break you. I cant imagine getting 10 hp from an APR hose.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Neuspeed's hose is partially the same as Samco's, it has a "Velocity Stack" which makes the connection on one of the sides slightly larger...not sure which. IIRC it wasnt worth it though. Its over double the price of the regular Samco.

I would get the APR hose though.
any reason or difference why u would rather get the APR hose compared to the Samco Hose? Whats the price for the APR hose?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Some Samco owners were complaining about the connection being too short to properly fit a clamp. That possible problem and the APR being wire re-enforced made me buy the APR back then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts