Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wiper blades on the Sport Estate I just bought are the most shockingly worn blades I've ever driven with, this morning was positively dangerous in the rain/spray/snow.

Where can I get good quality replacements for a decent price ?

Am I right in expecting the dealer will want me to hand over my credit card before bending over ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
my mate has these areo blades and im sure he only paid £22 for a set (of 2)
from a main dealers in wolverhampton, so the dealers not that bad really !!!

jay

·
Registered
91 Posts
with shipping it's £22.50........

For what it's worth, I bought a set of Bosch aero wipers from our favourite "Halfrauds", which are identical to the dealer supplied set i took off.
think it was £21......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks for the replies, sounds like the dealers won't be quite as bad as expected. I'll try my nearest car shop first, if no joy then off to the dealers.
I really need to change them today as I can't see a damn thing in the rain !

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried my local car shop without success, so ended up going to the dealer as the old ones were too dangerous to drive with.

Got a full set - 2 aero fronts, 1 "normal" rear, came to about £32. I think the fronts were around £12 each.

Never changed an aero blade before, couldn't believe how quick'n'easy they are !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
muddyboots said:
I tried my local car shop without success, so ended up going to the dealer as the old ones were too dangerous to drive with.

Got a full set - 2 aero fronts, 1 "normal" rear, came to about £32. I think the fronts were around £12 each.

Never changed an aero blade before, couldn't believe how quick'n'easy they are !!
Bought a pair of fronts for £23.99 from Halfords (Bosch) today simply because I was outside and the V.W dealer just put me on hold. Definitely not worth the effort with fleabay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts