Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m trying to get some wheels for my car but I want to make sure I’ll have really good Fitment I’m also going to put the car on coilovers but I’m not going to slam it just want to get rid of the gap I’m thinking of putting some 18s on the car the wheel spec I’ve been looking into is 18x8.5 with ET of 35. I need help in seeing if that wheel spec is good and what tire spec I should run with them

·
Registered
26,468 Posts
Larger wheels have the effect of making the wheel gap look larger. The 18x8.5 should work as long as you don't go larger than than the 225/40/18 stock height tire. I have seen some people rub with a 235/40/18 on the same sized wheel, but only with a 2" drop and when the wheel was turned. It was minor on the front only and you could roll the fender it needed. Plenty of others have run that size without issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Larger wheels have the effect of making the wheel gap look larger. The 18x8.5 should work as long as you don't go larger than than the 225/40/18 stock height tire. I have seen some people rub with a 235/40/18 on the same sized wheel, but only with a 2" drop and when the wheel was turned. It was minor on the front only and you could roll the fender it needed. Plenty of others have run that size without issue.
Yea I was intending on only going 225 either way and I’m going to lower it about 2inch too but I’m going to fender roll it. If it’s too low I’m going to raise it a little I’m just trying to have a nice look and be able to drive however I want

1 - 3 of 3 Posts