Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well partially due to the "wet rotor" issue that plagues many B5s, I rear-ended a CIA Chevy Tahoe (part of a convoy) on the GW parkway during a recent commute home in the rain.

My hood got dented up about 3" and my Kamei grill is toast. There's also a click noise coming from the engine but I think it's the fan rubbing on something.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD D.C. area body shop? Insurance will likely be involved and I really want the shop to know what they're doing. I use USAA for my car insuance and here are the shops the typically work with:

Falls Church Auto Body
Craftsman of Falls Church
Koons Ford
Auto Body Deminsions - Bethesda
Specialty Auto Body - Arlington
Pohanka Collision - Arlington
Fairfax Imports

Anyone have experience with any of these or any OTHER shops?? Need your help please :)

Tregate

·
Confused
3,557 Posts
I heard pretty decent things about Auto Body Diminsions. They also have another shop up in Frederick, MD. I had my B5.5 resprayed at GLS Auto Body in Rockville, MD and they were awesome.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
You might want to move this question to the Dealerships and Services Forum. Did you also try searching?

I have to highly recommend GLS Autobody in Rockville, Md. for VW/Audi's. They do excellent work, especially with body kits and paint matching!

GLS Autobody
1627 E Gude Dr
Rockville, MD 20850
301-279-2410

·
Registered
311 Posts
I used Wagonwerks in Alexandria (Rt 1. South, across from that Potomac Whatever shopping center with the movie theater) to replace the hood on my B5. This did great work, but this was about 3+ years ago or so. At the time, they specialized in German and other high-end vehicles. I had USAA cut me a check and then I went there.

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
Iused Fairfax Imports before...through Fairfax VW. When they gave me my GTI back it looked all pretty and everything. 3 weeks later it was real dirty and I noticed a major color difference between the fender they fixed and the rest of the car. Apparently they found another fender off of a 96 GTI and replaced it with that one. Dont know if this is typical body shop policy or not...but it sure looked like crap after a while

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Volkswerks (sp?) or VW Werks...something like that in Falls Church area, right next to Rte 66.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
SWCrow17, Volkswerks is a solid indy mechanic but they don't do Body-Work!!

Wagonwerks is also a great shop but they tend to be very backed up and your repair may take a few months. Seriously consider going to GLS!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts