Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,526 Posts
This is not the place to go cheap.

Despite being thoroughly cleaned, my original one was understating mass air flow by some 25%. The house brand replacement from Autozone overstated mass air flow by a similar amount, with the result that I could switch between P0171 and P0172 OBDII codes by swapping MAFS. I bought new Bosch online, and it provides virtually "Goldilocks" just-right performance.

· Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went ahead with the hitachi. I got the bosh premium O2 sensor. My front engine mount and O2 sensor will be fixed tomorrow and my step dad and I will do the MAF sensor when it comes

This car has been nothing but issues since day one. I'm going to be contacting the seller and asking for some reimbursement on the car repairs.

· Registered
876 Posts
This car has been nothing but issues since day one. I'm going to be contacting the seller and asking for some reimbursement on the car repairs.
Good luck with that. Unless the Check Engine light or some other fault indicator was on at the time of purchase it's going to be hard to prove the vehicle had any pre-existing problems when you bought it. Caveat emptor.

· Registered
166 Posts
I have to agree with captain_video. Unless the seller made profuse representations that the car had no issues it's really up to you to have it checked over before handing over the cash. If it's someone you know personally then perhaps you can shame him into an equitable rebate; but if not, don't be surprised if he also says Caveat Emptor!

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Gotta love a MAF sensor thread where all but one person lists their engine code...there's what, at least 8 B5 engine codes? And yes, as you might have guessed, few if any of them are interchangeable. :poke:

My AEB MAF is still going strong after 16 yrs.

· Registered
751 Posts
Gotta love a MAF sensor thread where all but one person lists their engine code...there's what, at least 8 B5 engine codes? And yes, as you might have guessed, few if any of them are interchangeable. :poke:

My AEB MAF is still going strong after 16 yrs.
Some of us may have been smart enough to check the OP's profile and confirm it's the same type of engine as the suggested part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.