Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to throw this question out before i take my driver side mirror apart. I have a bad rattle noise in it. There is 2 screws on the bottom part of the mirror but they are on secure. Any ideas?. i can hear the rattle when i close the door, slightly hit it or even when the music is on :lol: . Anyways, any input would be appriciated before i take it apart....thanks...later...Rah.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply Quality_sound, but it is definitly the mirror or the black assembly that attaches to the mirror.......Rah.......... :b5: :thumbup: .

·
Registered
301 Posts
hmm, i get a rattle like that in my DS mirror two. it does seem like its coming from that black bottom part, doesnt it? lemme know how it goes! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Me, three. Except my rattle is in the passenger side mirror. Everytime I drive with the windows down and I go over a bump, it rattles. If the car is parked and I tap it, it rattles. The power mechanism works. The heating element works. I have no idea what it is. :???:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
You'd think with as easy as it is to pop the mirrors out of the housing take a look to look you guys would have done it by now. Turn the mirror (not the housing) as far to the inside as it will go. After that, use a screwdriver to pop it out. Make sure you use a towel or somethign on the housing to keep from scratching it. Once you have the glass out, disconnect the heating element wire. Then you should be able to see what's causing the noise.

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts