Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put a beetle turbo badge on their 1.8t? im thinking about doing it because it looks unbalanced having just the "passat" on the left side (i was gonna debadge but i like the chrome). also, how do you put a new badge on? 3m double sided tape or some kind of glue? is there a certain process to do it?

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Yes, alot of people have that badge on the other side. It looks very nice. When you buy the badge it already has the adhesive on the back so just peel and stick. Not really a process, but you want to make sure it is straight :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like it....whats the best, most reputable site to buy from (i dont wanna be spending too much either)?

btw, you guys are really helpful, i appreciate it :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that settles that, ill go tomorow.....

one more newb question: whats the best way to prep the car before apllying the badge, just simply washing the area thoroughly or more?

·
Registered
778 Posts
pafc,

Here's what I did when installing my 20V TURBO badging:

Wash the area with soap and water and then dry the area. Then take some rubbing alcohol and a cloth and wipe the area down with the alcohol. I think this take the wax off. Put some elbow grease into it.

Once the are is prepped some people use a hair dryer to heat the are on which you will be placing the badge and heat the the adhesive as well. After applying the badge use a towel to push against the badge with even pressure for a minute or two.

Stand back and enjoy!

Slider.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeah thats pretty high tech Slider...

...I just wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, albeit with the car being pretty clean, and stuck it on. I've hit it with a powerwasher multiple times to date and it hasn't gone anywhere. Just clean the area, use the alcohol and slap it on good. It shouldn't budge.

-Wapptor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.