Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Big grin factor or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is how it should have come out of the factory!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had the car 98 1.8t 'upsolute' chipped/remapped today, wasn't sure what to expect on the test drive, needless to say i was very impressed and handed my money over. The installer came out to my house to do it this morning.

Also had a Forge DV off him and i fitted that at lunch time today.

Thought i would take it out for a short test drive after, 1/3rd of a tankfull of petrol later and i'm loving it, never expected wheelspin in 2nd & 3rd gear when the boost kicked in while driving in the wet (could also be the fact my tyres are almost shagged).

Trouble is i now need to upgrade my suspension, wheels/tyres and brakes to cope with the extra grunt.

Time for some bmw/boy racers (ricers) baiting i think.

If anyones thinking about getting the 1.8t chipped but is not sure, just get it done, it will give you a big big smile on your face.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Congrats on the chip! You're right, you do need to upgrade the suspension to help put that new found power down. It will also keep the nose of the car down more during hard acceleration which was a big problem for me when I first got Upsoluted.

Congrats again, and have fun.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
00Psst said:
Congrats on the chip! You're right, you do need to upgrade the suspension to help put that new found power down. It will also keep the nose of the car down more during hard acceleration which was a big problem for me when I first got Upsoluted.

Congrats again, and have fun.

Yeh it does resemble a speedboat accelerating when you put your foot down, the nose sure does come up.

What suspension did you go for?

I'm wondering whether i need to spend the extra money on adjustable damping suspension or just go for fixed rate uprated suspension and springs , which are about £100 + cheaper ($180) as i will only be using the car on the road, i wont be using it on a racetrack

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Eibach springs and shocks are very popular around here. Subtle drop and great handling, without significant ride quality sacrifice. Personally I have Neuspeed Sport springs and Koni Yellow shocks and I couldn't be happier. Even with my 18's the ride is still excellent.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.