Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the car 6 months, and all of you have lead me to spend money on mods I never would have thought of before :lol:
Anyway so far I've added:
17" X 7.5" Audi A4 sport wheels w/Conti Extreme Contact tires 225/45/17
Tinted windows Huper Optiks ceramic based film
Euro Light switch disable DRL
FK badgeless grill
Jon's Tinted tails light/medium
Wetworks rear spoiler
Stubby antenna
Trunk liner
XM radio
6 cd changer from previous Jetta (they didn't seem to notice when I turned it in!)
H&R sports springs, Koni shocks

In the works:
Smoked side markers (infamous group buy in progress)
Painted lowers planned 12-04 - great resource here in San Antonio (thanks to Spanky McGee for pointing me in the right direction)
Wett chip early next year

Many thanks to a great forum group for all the advice, tips and help so far

Befores

Afters

The mods have become addictive as I was warned about here.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
That's sweet :thumbup: Gotta love those Audi wheels. I just got my car chipped with the Wett chip...oh man you've got a good thing comin'

Those tails look real dark, are they brighter in the sun? I'm thinking of doing mine the same darkness

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,310 Posts
The wheels are TIGHT! I gotta find some of those! The grill is a nice touch too. Did you do anything to the grill or did it go from the box to the car? Did you need wheel spacers to add those wheels or was it a direct replacement? :poke:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheels went straight from the box to the car no spacers or rings. Center caps came with them, all though I found and purchased a spare set on ebay should one happen to fly off. :eek: FK grill also is a box to the car project, I couldn't figure out how to get the original off and asked about it here, received a reply in minutes and proceeded. :b5: Rims are replicas, I was looking at wheelexchange.com and aaarims.com. I went with aaarims to get a better tire mounted. Also came with better packing (full box and wrapped) so I could repack my OE wheels/tires for shipment to they guy I sold them to.

Now if I can just get the Koni's and get this lowered to get rid of that ridiculous gap :thumbup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SeattleReign said:
Looks great, now get that baby lowered and it will look tight! :thumbup:
I just reposted this with my pictures after putting on H&R Sport springs advertised to go 1" back and 1.2" front lower (actual was closer to 1.5" and 1.75"). Don't want to go any lower with the 4motion.

·
Registered
228 Posts
ct47 said:
SeattleReign said:
Looks great, now get that baby lowered and it will look tight! :thumbup:
I just reposted this with my pictures after putting on H&R Sport springs advertised to go 1" back and 1.2" front lower (actual was closer to 1.5" and 1.75"). Don't want to go any lower with the 4motion.
H&R over Koni... How's the ride compared to stock: Drastically stiffer? Or just a bit tighter? (Do you drive much on crap roads like old concrete freeways?)

Koni's come up often here as a best choice for more ride comfort but suggestions for springs runs the gamut... I want to tighten up the handling and feel but need to keep a supple freeway-commuter ride. A little drop is bonus. Any advice as to what setup rides snug and smooth versus track-day stiff and jittery is welcome.

·
Registered
155 Posts
all i'm seeing is red x's... i want to see your setup!

i have the same suspension on my 2000 4mo (pics by clicking my website button below). i got a significant drop, too...

as for the ride, loudboxer, it is amazing. it feels similar to my bmw e36 with sport suspension - exactly what i wanted. it isn't harsh at all. just firm & tight handling... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
ct47 said:
Wheels went straight from the box to the car no spacers or rings. ...... <snip> Rims are replicas, I was looking at wheelexchange.com and aaarims.com. I went with aaarims to get a better tire mounted. .... <snip> Now if I can just get the Koni's and get this lowered to get rid of that ridiculous gap :thumbup:
The A4 Sport replica wheels are 35 ET so you won't have any issues with mounting them on the B5. I want to know if we can mount the original A4 ET 45 Sport wheel on B5.5 especially with a 235-45 tire. My car is lowered on H&R Sport and Konis too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.