Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read JulianFang's great "Sticky" thread (at the very top) looking for answers, but still need some advice...

Is there ANY reason these wheels won't work on a 2003, W8 6spd sedan? All the specs seem to be right except that these are 18x8 instead of the usual 18x18.5.

I'm using 17x7.5 BBS Madras now. The BBS Website & Tirerack only offer 18" in 8.5 for Passat.

THANK YOU & I promise to post pics if these work :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your feedback. Now I have one more MAJOR issue.
:???:

What do you think...

2003 Passat W8 - Pacific Blue with:

18x8 in BBS CH Plasma

OR

19x8.5 BBS RS-GT (black diamond finish)

note: unfortunately, the car will not be lowered for warranty reasons :sad:

One or the other, I can't get both. I have spent too much time comparing the pro & cons of each. I'm confused. :crazy:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
truth is...

both will look funny not lowered, the 19s more so than the 18s just due to visual illusions.

The RS-GT's are amazing, but is it worth the money?

I'd go with the CH Plasmas to better match the color and not look absolutely odd with a stock height passat.

And btw - thanks for taking the team to read the sticky first :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
rollininstyle2004 said:
How bout u buy both of them and then give me the RS-GTs :lol:
Id take the RS-GTs over the CHs any day, but thats just me.
Why not lower the car, it doesnt void your warrenty :???:
Yeah, what he said. Tey can't void your waranty. They just won't replace the new springs and shocks if they go bad.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to double check about the warranty. I think what your saying is correct. I would LOVE to lower this car, but not pay the penalty down the road. I'll ask VOLKSWAGEN and post their response.

Thanks for you feedback guys/gals.

This RSGT vs CH has kept me up at night!!!!!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
VW's response probably won't help you. What I recommend doing is installing springs or coilovers (keeping your stock suspension) and putting the stock back on when the lease expires.

As for the RS-GT vs. CH debate, you can't go wrong with either, it just depends on your budget, since the 19" RS-GT is signifcantly more expensive and tire replacement will be more expensive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did get the 18x8 BBS CH Plasma (beautiful). I'm waiting for the Toyo Proxes 4 (235/40/18). I've read so many mostly positive reviews on the TP4's (and the price was right @ "ER") I couldn't go wrong. Pics to follow soon...

Meanwhile, I'm still on the RS-GT 19" kick - They are contenders for sure. I would like to see the CH's on the car before I sign my life $ away on the RS-GT. Tough pill to swallow if you know what I mean.

By the way, you folks have been very helpful. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did get the 18x8 BBS CH Plasma (beautiful). I'm waiting for the Toyo Proxes 4 (235/40/18). I've read so many mostly positive reviews on the TP4's (and the price was right @ "ER") I couldn't go wrong. Pics to follow soon...

Meanwhile, I'm still on the RS-GT 19" kick - They are contenders for sure. I would like to see the CH's on the car before I sign my life $ away on the RS-GT. Tough pill to swallow if you know what I mean.

By the way, you folks have been very helpful. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.