Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought it Saturday. It ROCKS! F4 Phantom dogfights with Mig21's... sniper duels in the jungle. Blazing m60 fire... It's a great game and even better than 1942, with immaculate high detail rendering of the jungles and it even comes complete with a modding toolkit! Highly reccomended *****
:)

The bouncing bettys are real cool.. they actually jump.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Although I really like games like this(I like bond), I can't make myself play a game that's made to resemble a real war. All I can think of are the real men who suffered and died and here we are playing a game about it and having fun. Not trying to spoil your moment though. I'm glad you like it

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is it complex like a flight simulator or is it simple to operate like a FPS arcade game?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jjasper13 said:
Although I really like games like this(I like bond), I can't make myself play a game that's made to resemble a real war. All I can think of are the real men who suffered and died and here we are playing a game about it and having fun. Not trying to spoil your moment though. I'm glad you like it

Jonathan
Actually Jasper my approach to it is educational (and for fun obviously, but I got into the games as an offshoot of studying ww2). I am not so foolish as to get make believe confused with reality. In truth playing Battlefield 1942 made the concept of a brutal war more realistic to me and reinforced my opinions that war is simply wrong. I appreciate your opinion though. :wink:

Tyranno,

It is a simple game control wise. The reason being the same controls do everything from pilot an Apache to drive tanks to operate a bow mounted gun on a PT boat, fire an artillery emplacement, drive a jeep, to parachuting out of the plane. The games complexity is inherent to itself not the controls.

The worst thing about the BF1942 game was that from a purely tactical standpoint it hard to resist playing the German side. They had better equipment.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
jjasper13 said:

Jonathan
I have the same problem. its hard to see ads for WW2 games, where you can be the 'US side' or the 'german side', etc.

I'm american and my GF is german (born). even though you are shooting nazi-germany in the games, sometimes its just too creepy (for me, at least) to keep rehashing old wounds.

just seems more human to keep the 'enemy' very abstract, like space aliens. when you nationalize it, it seems, well, just too creepy for me.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Aesome game. You can find me playing on and admining at 1st Veterans Battalion servers. We try to do a good job keeping it fun.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Urlik said:
Aesome game. You can find me playing on and admining at 1st Veterans Battalion servers. We try to do a good job keeping it fun.
Urlik,

Where are the servers hosted from? Texas? If so, I will look for them this weekend.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Urlik said:
I was on 1st Vets Battalion #2 tonight. Played well until my wife starting hogging my bandwidth and got me kicked... Look for me in there!

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
Cool guys, nice to see ClubB5 guys over there. I wasn't there tonight. Our local hockey team had game 5 in a playoff series. (They lost 3-2 for the series) I'll be there tomorrow. Watch out for my SA-7s! Not sure where the servers are at. My pings run about 40 so it may very well be in Texas. The server is actually rented by the brother of one of the founders of our Battalion.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
linux-works said:
jjasper13 said:

Jonathan
I have the same problem. its hard to see ads for WW2 games, where you can be the 'US side' or the 'german side', etc.

I'm american and my GF is german (born). even though you are shooting nazi-germany in the games, sometimes its just too creepy (for me, at least) to keep rehashing old wounds.

just seems more human to keep the 'enemy' very abstract, like space aliens. when you nationalize it, it seems, well, just too creepy for me.
It's a game, don't rationalize it.

·
0 Posts
I love the battlefield series, im just so good i finish them too quickly. Did i say that out loud? :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts