Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok OK OK

I had my battery unplugged overnight and when it was put back on, naturally the computer had reset itself. However now when i do a cold start, it sounds like it wants to stall but then after about 30 seconds it returns to normal idle. Is this something with the fuel injection now? Did i erase codes or something?

Also, when I cold start my turbo has been spooling high, also for about the first thirty seconds or so and then kicks off. Why would this all be happening?

Please Please Please anyone who may have had this before give me a shout!

Thanks in advance!

Jason :bow: :crazy:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Not sure if this will work, but I think you can reset the ECU by opening the driver door, putting the key in the ignition, turning it to the "on" position, and leaving it there for 30 seconds. after that you can start it up. this is what my Upsolute dealer did after re-installing the ECU on my GTI.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I follow you but that is pretty much the result of removing the battery. . .it was definitely reset when i had started up again. no errors came up for a day then my normal emissions light came on.

Its just that now having done that it runs funny. . . .would resetting it again help? Its worth a try I just figured it something else. . .

·
Registered
28,957 Posts
That is probably the air pump running. The throttle body alignment should help that.
When I reset my throttle body,I let is sit for 3 minutes. Started,ran a little rough,blipped
the throttle and it cleared right up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.