Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Isn't size 48 the closest to OEM? (AWM engine). I am having an AC Delco put in as I type this :)

PS: I see you have it linked to CR.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The AC Delco Professional went in. My Indy removed the old braket, cut a piece of it out, and was able to use it to hold the new size 48 :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What was posted that was bad.
Battery information. Prices and warranties. Really bad stuff.

If it was from Consumer Reports, I wouldn't think they'd have a big issue with us posting their results, especially if they were referenced as the source.

It's not like we are using them for commercial purposes. If we were in the business of selling batteries or we made money from using their research, then that would be a problem.

Consumers Union has bigger fish to fry when it comes to companies who use their name and results in their advertising. That would make Consumers Union biased, and they want to remain as unbiased as possible.

·
Registered
34 Posts
what information about batteries could possibly be bad? maybe I'm missing something...
It was an analysis of the various batteries. This forum does not allow (atleast I dont think) any bashing on a particular type of company, which this post did. Althought the post was helpful in seperating the good from the bad, that is against forum rules.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It was a consumer report of the various batteries. This forum does not allow (atleast I dont think) any bashing on a particular type of company, which this post did. Althought the post was helpful in seperating the good from the bad, that is against forum rules.
I didn't see the orignal post but come on...bashing on companies?? Theres PLENTY of that on PW.

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Yes but in a sense by posting the results you are promoting one company than the other which usually gets forums in trouble.
you've got to be kidding me. we do that ALL THE TIME in the mobile electronics and wheel and tire forums. it's called a comparison.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
forget it, i tried to put a post up for whoever needed some guidance for new batteries and it didnt work out too well because people cant read or understand the english language so with that there went that.

i removed it so as not to get "the community in trouble"
not myself.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
leave it alone paul.
let the thread die in peace.
i asked to lock it up.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
yes but this was a specific type of report he issued
What? "specific type"? Huh? I think you're reading too much into it

It was done purely to help others and provide information. That's kind of the point. It wasnt an ad for a specific company. What else are we supposed to do?

Thanks for the info Scott! At least I have a source of information from which to start to prevent me making the same mistake again as i did this last time.

What I can't find is info on the exact specs on the battery our cars need. Even the Bentley doesn't seem to have this info. Once I can get that, and "real world" survival rates of batteries, I can probably digest that info a little better. Other than a basic understanding of electronics, which I have, the things involved in selecting which battery are a bit hazy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.