Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Passat 1.8t aug I have a draw somewhere can’t seem to figure it out unplugged amp radio and disc changer in truck now I’m down 0.24A and idk what else to check some advice please I’ve pulled some fuses and checked nothing changed when I lock car without fob it’s at 0.30A when it’s locked with fob it’s at 0.24A any guidance would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
every time you un-hook battery it starts a new sleep cycle, door latch (like drivers door) has to be "manually" fooled as does hood latch . It will pull about 300ma or .300a for about half an hour then should drop to 20ma or .020a, if you unhook the meter it will go thru its sleep routine again, Google "parasitic battery draw" it will show you how to identify and pinpoint the source using a multimeter to check using millivolts (not milliamps) ,It uses the principle that the fuse (has a fixed resistance, depending on amperage and size,that is why a chart is provided)) so when current is being subtly drawn there is a different voltage on either side of the fuse which you can measure with a meter. there are also a couple of fuses by the relay panels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts