Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a battery charger never meets maintainer status does that mean battery is dead?

·
Registered
2007 B6 VR6 4Motion sedan
57 Posts
Try a fast charger to "wake up" the battery in question. If that doesn't work, then it probably is dead. We used that procedure on the motorcycle batteries at the little shop I used to work for. Not sure if it would work on car batteries as they are significantly larger than the little batteries we dealt with.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
^ I've had some luck with that approach in the past but even when it worked in the short term I always ended up having to replace the battery in a week or two.

·
Registered
2007 B6 VR6 4Motion sedan
57 Posts
^ I've had some luck with that approach in the past but even when it worked in the short term I always ended up having to replace the battery in a week or two.
Same here but it might help for a little bit at least, just be prepared to buy a new battery soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Motorcycle batteries are pretty different than car batteries, so what works on one won't necessarily work on the other.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,491 Posts
I use wimpy 0.5A trickle chargers. It can take 2-3 days for it to indicate a full charge on the battery. If your car sits several days at a time, a trickle charger will make your battery last longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts