Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...long story short, I borrowed a friends VAG-Com to switch my recently acquired APR ECU from Tip to Manual. He is not easily reached at this late hour, and I am running out of ideas. I thought it would be pretty intuitive how to do this.

basically, all i have tried is switching the software and shop codes to match my original ECU, but the car is idling VERY low- around 600 RPM and almost dies. Am i setting this right?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will try this, but I thought this was only for DBW cars- mine is a '99.

Hood and Door open, key in "on" for 2 minutes, huh? will try after work.

thx alex!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
switched ecu from tip to manual? you are putting a tip-tranny ecu with an apr chip into a manual tranny car? i think the ecu will be looking for all sorts of data from the transmission that just isn't there, hence the problem... maybe i'm just really confused by your post.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the idle adaptation is block 060 in the basic settings mode. make sure the car is warmed up, then perform it, doesn't like it when it's cold. not sure what setting you have to change to go from automatic to manual, on the old ones you changed the coding from 00000 to 00001

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm not sure that the APR chipped ECU will recode the same as a stock ECU. Per my Bentley, for an AEB engine, the stock ECU in a Passat with front drive without traction control has the following codes:

06001 - Manual
06051 - Automatic

If your car has Traction Control the codes are:

06101 - Manual
06151 - Automatic

If you have a different engine than the AEB let me know and I will check the codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
jaero
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing