Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced my 20 year old Saab 900 with a Passat 2003 GLX. As the Saab, this will be my fun car and my wife's utility vehicle, my daily ride is a 2003 Impala.

I feel I got a great deal for this car but it was missing a manual and I have already been dumbfounded with little things like finding the fuel cap switch and the like. My question is, can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to program my two jacknife remotes to automatically adjust the power seats upon entry? Also, what are the 3 buttons on the driver side sun visor for?

My first impression about this car is terrific. I thought my Saab was quick and hugged the road well; the Passat is extremely quick and sticks to the pavement like no other car I've driven before; hence, its new pseudonym, "Spidermobile".

·
Registered
897 Posts
The 3 buttons on your sunvisor are the Homelink buttons to control your garage door, house lights and security system. Both your visors also slide horizontally too.

You also have power folding side mirrors that dip when you reverse the car. I am sure you already know that they are heated and did not set the dial in the defroster symbol (middle position) Put it in either R or L when not in use or elese the mirrors will stay heated all the time and in so doing you will birn out the heating elements. The seats and outside mirrors have 3 memory settings that are activated by the 3 seat buttons. You also have rain sensing wipers with heated washer jets, a rear sunshade, a auto dimming rear view mirror with intergrated red ambient lighting. Do you also know you have a cooled glove box? And did you discover the 3rd sunvisior? Its under and behind the overhead sunroof panel. And your radio is also speed sensetive.

Here's how to program the Homelink. First clear the memory by depressing both 1&3 at the same time, the red light will blink, then place the garage remote near the little Homelink symbol and press (15 sec) both 1, 2 or 3 at the same time as the remote. the light will flash, then flash faster,it's now programmed.

I'll get back to you about the seats as you also have to program the key to remember your seat settings.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Turn on car, push the red button on the seat down, adjust the seat and mirrors then press any of the 3 other buttons holding it down for 3 seconds, 1 button for each seat setting, the Passat offers 3 individual seat settings. After all the settings are set, you just press any of the buttons for the seat settings to set in. Now to program the key with the settings, they only give you 1 setting, but you can program the other key to work with another setting. Now to program the key fob (you have 10 sec to do everything)Remove the key, press Open symbol on the key fob and hold it near the seat, you'll hear a signal. Your seat and mirror settings are now programmed. Happy Driving!

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can order a new manual at http://www.wv.ddsltd.com for about $50. I bought my car used, and I had to order to one figure out all thosed little detailed features. I'd consider it if you haven't already. You'll learn a lot. (and I only have GLS)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts