Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have read just about everything on these message boards in regards to chipping. I have decided to get the neuspeed chip, however when I talked to greedspeed it sounds like they now sell the 1.1 BAR chip. I haven't seen any feedback on the 1.1 BAR out here. Is anyone using this chip with the B5.5 1.8T. Should I go for the 1.1 or would it be too much?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I've got the wetterauer 1.1 bar and I like it just fine. Never driven the Neuspeed chip though... Nuespeed isn't the most popular chip on this site so you'll have a hard time getting multiple opinions on it, good luck though!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did I read this right??

I went to the site, went to the Passat B6 (I guess 5.5 doesn't exist elsewhere in the world). Found the 1.8T 170hp engine.

After chipped, it produces 200hp, but only 208 ft/lbs torque. APR and GIAC are pumping out 245+ ft/lbs.

-Craig

idale said:
Wett USA's site is http://www.chip-tuning.com (though some pages, which are grabbed from the German site, are still in German).

·
Registered
778 Posts
The information which Kelly Kay at Wetterauer America e-mailed me shows 205hp and torque of 248ft./lbs. @2700 rpm with the current Wett chip. This information was for my 2003 model with the 1.8T.

Try calling her at 219-477-6806. She is very helpful.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
outrun said:
Did I read this right??

I went to the site, went to the Passat B6 (I guess 5.5 doesn't exist elsewhere in the world). Found the 1.8T 170hp engine.

After chipped, it produces 200hp, but only 208 ft/lbs torque. APR and GIAC are pumping out 245+ ft/lbs.

-Craig

idale said:
Wett USA's site is http://www.chip-tuning.com (though some pages, which are grabbed from the German site, are still in German).
I think the 245 lbs of torque are for the transverse engines, not sure. I have a GIAC chip and I had my dyno done and it said 211hp/220 lbs. I had mine done on a Dynojet. Others that have my exact same engine but used the other dyno where the wheels are kept on the car, got closer to 230-240 lbs, but had just over 200 hp.

I have a 2001.5 AWM 1.8T engine.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
do you run 91 octane on a neuspeed 1.1 BAR chip?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nuespeed Chip

I think Neuspeed recommends it and so would I. I never have used anything lower anyways. Its better for your engine, your passat will like ya.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Neuspeed 1.1 BAR since Oct. 2003 . No problema here ,and you will feel the difference. For the price is the best deal.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
man, this is an old thread.........anyway, I asked Kelly before and she said it's programmed for 91........ but I was hoping she say 93 though.

Josh

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
interesting, i just talked to kelly and she said it was tuned for 93 but 91 is ok... along the lines of "i've used 91 on my audi before and it runs fine"

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
1.8Tttturbo said:
interesting, i just talked to kelly and she said it was tuned for 93 but 91 is ok... along the lines of "i've used 91 on my audi before and it runs fine"
That's even greater news for me........ I hope that's for all the years.

What year do you have?

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
shuPASSAT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing