Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the rear 'PASSAT', 'V6' or 1.8T badges off their Passat?? If so can you elaborate if they are stuck on with double sided tape or actually pinned.

I was thinking if they were stuck on I could remove it and polish off the excess tape. I think the no badge look would give it a nice clean and simple look.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If this isn't a newbie question then i dont know what is. Plenty of people have debadged their rears. Use some dental floss( I prefer waxed minty flavor) and use it to saw the letters off since they are held on with glue.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i guarantee no one here has removed the stock 1.8t badge from a b5 passat, since it did not come with one. but there are plenty of people who have debadged, if that's what you're asking.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
i guarantee no one here has removed the stock 1.8t badge from a b5 passat, since it did not come with one. but there are plenty of people who have debadged, if that's what you're asking.
Well, if no one else is going to say it, I guess I'll pony up.

Badges?! We don't need no stinking BADGES!

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i had my 1.8t badge added and since i got tinted tails i debadged my car. Looks much cleaner without it. Im probbaly gonna sell my old badges if someone wants it :)

I havent had anyone call my car a Jetta YET....

i am prepared for it to happen and will let everyone know once it does.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
it's happened to me, since I debadged. I just tell them, "uhm, no it's a Passat, a little nicer than a Jetta."

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
i was just considering doing that.
i would find it interesting to have it say "1.8 V6 T" and see if anyone actually notices that. might even take it to the VW dealership after.. heh...

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I want to get rid of the VW sign on trunk. I just wish there wasn't a hold there to be filled

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I always thought getting rid of all the badges, filling the hole where the VW was and straightening out the back of the trunk (getting rid of the line above the license plate recess) would look clean.
VW dealer in SWFL used to mistake my V6 4Motion for a W8!
They didn't see many 4Motion's down that way...

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
you'l get a lot of valence, and sideskirt kits. :p
that's a very common misinterperated name for the VOTEX kit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts