Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Do the 2002 1.8t :b5: have the badge for the 1.8t on the trunk. I have noticed some with and some without. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yeah, I don't think any year Passat ever came with a 1.8T badge.

If you see one it's either been put there by the owner (like I did) or you are actually looking at a Jetta (which you should die for mistaking them :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Just kidding, don't go dying tonight and blaming me :p

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Since in US you can only have 1.8T and V6, the 1.8T does not have the badge since it's considered basic model :)wink: we all know better though :thumbup: ) just like 2.0 slow Jetta does not have 2.0 badge since that is the basic model ( :wink: for real, no kidding :thumbup: )

Interestingly the 1.8T 4motion only has the 4motion badge. I saw it for the first time and it looks weird.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I didn't make the connection to Euro spec. I always see the badges on the cars in Germany come to think of it, even the 2.0 slow. I am visiting family in the Philly area and my brother-in-laws car doesn't have it. We initially thought it was taken off by the previous owner. Thanks again...I may talk him into getting the badge anyway.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Boris said:
Since in US you can only have 1.8T and V6, the 1.8T does not have the badge since it's considered basic model :)wink: we all know better though :thumbup: ) just like 2.0 slow Jetta does not have 2.0 badge since that is the basic model ( :wink: for real, no kidding :thumbup: )
yep, i believe all the base engine models have no motor badge, but anything above base does. In europe, there are like 20 different motor options, so you see a lot more badges.... (but we don't need not stinkin' badges!! :p )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.