Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered “new” remanufactured BeckArnley front calipers for my 2003 1.8t. Upon arrival there were some rust spots on that particular caliper. I went ahead and installed. In two weeks the entire caliper has now rusted.

I contacted RockAuto. They refuse to replace it. I even offered to buy another one and send this back. Nope!

Now, my “new” caliper looks worse than the old one.

I told them they have just lost a customer and I would share my experience with my buddies at PW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That one was rusted on the shelf. They sent me a caliper with rust spots on it.
Still I installed and the rust spread the whole caliper.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn’t know the”new” caliper had to be treated. The left caliper is rust free tho.

Is there a way to reverse or eliminate the rust on this one?

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem with their customer service was they offered no solution whatsoever. They simply said there is nothing they can do about it. This response kinda stunned me. They wouldn’t even take it back for a store credit after I offered to buy another caliper.
Lesson is I am not going to take FCP life time warranty for granted.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not doubting you about your story, but Wow. For Rock Auto just to slam the book closed like that isn't right. If it were me, I'd go higher on the food chain. Those service representatives, or whatever you want to call them have bosses too. They need to know how the customer is getting treated.
I'm willing to bet you if you went higher up the food chain you'd get better results.
If you were to go back to the same person who you spoke to and ask them to speak with his/her supervisor and at the same time, remind him/her that conversations are recorded they would probably change their tune.
That's my .02 cents worth.
Excellent points! I will do this and update here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.