Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went to go get my magnaflow muffler installed. Not an entire exhaust but just an end muffler. Ken (MrRockshow182) and I went to this local shop in Riverside which we found from the Magnaflow Dealer Directory.

When we called, the guy seemed nice enough so we decided to go there. We explained to him what we wanted and he gave us an estimate and I handed him the keys.

Now being the paranoid car owner I am, and after handwashing my car countless times, I know every single ding dent or sratch. So when the car rolled back to the front of the shop, the first thing I noticed was a dent/scratch to the right of the dirver's door handle :mad: . Ken and I calmly confronted the owner/manager and he became exasperated and started to get rude. He said "I know this did not happen at my shop, I am sure of it." He also suggested that maybe a rock hit it on the freeway, or a kid on a bike ran into it. Basically that is near impossible, given the scratch is about an inch in length and straight clean slice down to the paint primer. There were also smudge marks around the area.

Anyway I just had to vent because this type of thing just makes me angry, I wish shops were more careful :roll: .

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yeahp. the manager was an absolute douche and did not take any accountability for his shop. i believe that "rock on the freeway" and "kid on a bike" are the euphemisms he uses when he refers to himself or his stupid employees.

just wanna help CB5'ers look out for places they shouldnt get work done at.

·
Registered
221 Posts
MRrockShow182 said:
yeahp. the manager was an absolute douche and did not take any accountability for his shop. i believe that "rock on the freeway" and "kid on a bike" are the euphemisms he uses when he refers to himself or his stupid employees.

just wanna help CB5'ers look out for places they shouldnt get work done at.
A rock or a bike can't make a fine line in paint, much less scratch down to the primer. My car was keyed and the scratch runs from the driver door all the way to the headlight the tail end of the scratch down to the primer. Now if a guy keyed my car and it was a surface scratch, tell me that a bike or a rock from the freeway can make a scratch like that.
I rest my case.

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I have posted this before because I am anal like you and know every rock chip on my car .. all 6 of them .. I have no dents. Any time I have to leave my car in anyones possession for service, tire / wheel install or mufflers I get the service manager / owner and we do a walk around and I point out the fact that there is no dents or scratches and where the chips are .. I also point out the easily stealable mods like valve caps , shorty antennea etc etc

I explain to then that it is both of our best interest should something accidental happen.

Not one of them has been offended and if I sensed they were or they showed objection I'd thank them and leave.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Its too bad really. There are SOME places however with some morals. Recently I had new brakes put on my car. I had a local tuner, Yarrowsport, do the job. When they took my car for a test drive and bedded in the new pads/rotors they put a ding in my wheel :mad: . However, when I picked up the car right away they did two things.
1. Told me what they did, showed it to me and apologized :thumbup:
2. Offered to pay for repair in full :thumbup:

While a small wheel ding sucked, I was most impressed with the good attitude these dudes had. Sorry about your bad experience rockshow.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jesstzn said:
I have posted this before because I am anal like you and know every rock chip on my car .. all 6 of them .. I have no dents. Any time I have to leave my car in anyones possession for service, tire / wheel install or mufflers I get the service manager / owner and we do a walk around and I point out the fact that there is no dents or scratches and where the chips are .. I also point out the easily stealable mods like valve caps , shorty antennea etc etc

I explain to then that it is both of our best interest should something accidental happen.

Not one of them has been offended and if I sensed they were or they showed objection I'd thank them and leave.
That is deifnitely what i should have done.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
A little off topic, but those who haven't visited the magnaflow website should know that their site is updated with a buttload of video/sound clips. I was most impressed. :thumbup:

Sorry if this old news... my surfin' days are not as bountiful as they used to be.

-alex

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
small shops like that seem to care not a lot about their costumers...

last time I was getting my tires changed ... they broke my CD changer :???: :nervous:

and blamed me for it in very unprofessional way... never again!!! people running their businesses like that should watch their back, because soon they will not have any costumers. if only they say a simple "I'm sorry it was our fault" ... or "we will extend your warranty for free" than it would be cool and they would have my respect ... but low balling me is not cool !!! they lost few costumers because of me since I cant recommend them to anyone !!!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
S_Klass said:
Mangaflow = quiet? That's new...

Where in Riverside was this?
It's because it was an 18 inch we bought, I probably shoudl have gone with a 14 inch :roll: this will teahc me to do more research before spending money on mods, but hopefully we can make it louder with a glasspack or a mid muffler.

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.