Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i really do think i am gonna try a turbo upgrade during the summer months once i have the extra cash laying around, but for now i am just looking for a little extra power. Now i know my 2.8 needs back pressure so as too not loose torque or any HP, but if i just run a striaght pipe from the cats back with no muffler at all, will that loose back pressure? How will it sound? Extreamly loud? Has anyone done this, i just cant see my self buying a 300 dollar muffler yet i dont want anything cheap, i guess im picky. But anyway any info will be apprescaited

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is im rich bitch! Actually not, i work for my money. I read though my original post and didnt see where i mentioned the turbo upgrade was 10g's? Okay so youve seen this done before for 10g's no less, fine. lets just say i had 10g's laying around i deifntly didnt save it up by just going out and saying hey i have 10g's lets go buy a 300 dollar muffler thats not gonna add perfromnce to my car, when i can just buy a cherry bomb for 20 dollars and it would sound and do the same thing. I am trying to save some of my money or at least spend it wisely this way i will have some money for my turbo upgrade, thats why i was asking about the striaght pipe. NOT ABOUT MY FINACIAL SITUATION. So please if you have an answer to my quetion let me know other wise, thanks for the finacil input but its not welcomed

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Fair enough...and yes the ONLY Turbocharged V6 i have seen so far had an estimated $10,000 in parts and labor.

Now for your question, the cheapest and easiest solution would be just to remove the suitcase resonator and replace it with a straight pipe. Should cost about $40-80 depending on the shop. It adds a nice little growl. Also adding JUST a muffler SHOULDNT decrease backpressure so much that you lose a noticeable amount of your low end torque. You can get a quality magnaflow muffler for ~$150 brand new.

Hope this helps ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts